Wednesday, June 25, 2008

90 Years old

That is how I feel. I feel so old, I can't roll over in bed without aches and pain, I can't lay still without being uncomfortable. Walking has slowed down to what seems a crawl. It's pathetic. Within this last week I feel like this baby has taken over my body literally. I can't eat much without being uncomfortable, I feel like I'm getting stretch pains on my stomach when I roll over, heartburn isn't just at night anymore, it's all the time. Needless to say I'm getting really nervous about the size of this little one. I see the doctor tomorrow so I will tell him my concerns and see what he has to say. A part of me wants to say, lets get this baby out, but then there is a part of me that wants it happen naturally. I'm nervous about the pending labour, and I'm nervous about what happens to my body after birth and all the gear I need just to go pee. Plus there is just so much happening in life right now, I'm not sure now is the right time to have this baby, if it's another week, I think that may be better. BUT can I physically take this for another week? I don't know.



Tomorrow we are picking up our new van. That's right. We traded in Dave's truck for a minivan. It's really sad. But for practical needs, we gave in. Gas alone for the truck was ridiculous. So we got a 2008 Grand Caravan, it's the same colour as the truck, and has neat accessories. Neither of us really love the idea of having a van, but we're warming up to it now. We have too! ha ha ha.

Our house is coming along. Yesterday it appeared that the framing of the roof was going up.

My mom is in the hospital. I mean, what else can possibly happen to me right now? She was having chest pains over the weekend, and she went to emerg. on Sunday and they kept her. The one set of tests seemed to indicate a mild heart attack, but all the other tests were normal. They are sending her for an angiogram to be on the safe side because of her family history. Man, she's not supposed to be in the hospital, I'm supposed to be! Hence another reason why this baby would be better off coming next week. Our plan is to have my mom come when labour begins so she can stay with Caleb for as long as we need her. Plus she's supposed to stay with us when we bring the baby home just to help me emotionally! ha ha ha. So this all better pass soon!

Anyway, Caleb is at the babysitters still. We are keeping him in until the baby comes, just so I can rest throughout the day, he's such a busy little guy! He's just so darn adorable. Yesterday I went to Toys R Us and bought him a few things that we can give to him when the baby comes. I wasn't going to, because I don't think he will understand, but lots of people said they did it, so why not, I still take any opportunity to spoil him!

Last Wednesday was my last day of work. My good friend Valerie brought her corvette to work so she could take me out in it. It was awesome! I laughed when I opened the door, I said "o.k. I can get in that, but getting out might be an issue!" You ride so low to the ground! Work had a big party that day, and treated the whole staff to a play at the St. Jacobs Playhouse. We had so much food. I brought in donuts as a treat for my last day, then the company provided lots of treats and then Val and my department brought in cakes for me! They gave me a nice card and a present for Caleb too. It was really special. I'm going to miss being there, I love the people I work with, already I feel like I'm missing out on the conversations. But such is life.

Well, I think I'm going to whip up a cheesecake for dessert tonight, then I really feel like having cookies, so I may run to IGA for some of their store made ones, they are so yummy! We'll see!

No comments: