It's really hard to believe that October is on it's way out and November is pushing it's way through. December is going to be knocking down the doors before I know it! Why is it, as we get older time flies by faster? I remember as a kid waiting forever for moments or events such as Christmas to arrive, it felt like ions! But now, I hardly find the time to get prepared for such occasions. Maybe it's because I'm just not an organized person. I don't know. All I know is, Christmas is only 8 weeks away!
This morning Dave and I went out to just look at things and start creating a list for possible Christmas gifts for the kids. It was fun. We left the kids with Fern and Mert while we did it. We didn't buy anything, we just browsed. I really enjoyed it. In a couple of weeks is when we plan to conquer the actual purchase of gifts, and hopefully do it in one fell swoop.
I've had a rough couple of days. I don't know, but I seem to have had bad luck follow me lately. Thursday, I was just overly clumsy and found myself getting irritated easily. Friday the kids were from another planet. Amberly is teething and she's very dramitic about it. Everything was very upsetting to her, she cried over everything. Caleb was no help, in fact he made things much worse by taking things from his sister, pushing her over and just being mean. It was just insane. Today has been better, Dave is our miracle, we all seem to have been generally happy in his presence! (Don't tell him that, he might get bigger in the head!)
All is quiet in the house. Kids are sleeping, and Dave is out at his guys night. So I'm here. Enjoying my "me time".
Tomorrow we've got church. Then hopefully the weather will participate a bit and we will head out to the pumpkin farm after naptime to find our pumpkin and take pictures of course! Depending on how it all goes, maybe we'll carve the pumpkin after dinner. I will post pictures of Halloween 2009 next week. Caleb is an elephant this year while Amberly will dawn the next generation of the Little Stinker!
1 comment:
looking forward to the photos!! maybe the trip to the pumpkin patch with lift everyone's spirits!!
Post a Comment