Friday, May 21, 2010

U2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight




Posted this for a couple of reasons. Number #1, counting down the days till I can see U2 live again in Toronto. July 3rd will be here before I know it. Number #2, love the lyrics of this song. Number #3, Dave just left for the long weekend for his guys golf weekend. This being the first day of him being gone, has been terrible. The kids are from another planet, and I'm experiencing frustration like I can't believe, it's practically moving me to tears. Although, tears are not uncommon for me these days, but tears over their bad behaviour is. My refuge currently is their nap time, they are both in their rooms and for once today, all is quiet up there. During this time, I'm praying for a couple of things. First of all, I'm praying they wake up in their usual selves. The loving, gentle, fun and entertaining selves. Second, I'm praying for patience to fill me up so much I overflow with it. Third, I'm praying that I can take the opportunity I have with my kids and enjoy every second, instead of wishing the time away so fast that Sunday night is here before I know it.

I have plans for this weekend although I'm not sure the weather will be on my side. Tomorrow the big plan is to go to African Lion Safari. The other wives that have been left behind by their husbands are also going, making it to be a day of 4 moms and 8 (.5 counting the one inside!) children. I'm excited about this because I can't remember the last time I was there. I remember pictures of me with my family there, I had the famous pixie cut, which would make me anywhere between 4-7 years old I think! The plan is to go even with threat of rain. Sunday I can't decide if I'll go to church first, or maybe just spend the day at my parents. We'll see how the previous night is! Dave is supposed to be home early evening, so I'm hoping to watch this pasts week's episode of Lost and then the grand finale. Monday is supposed to be nice, so I may venture out to some place to get some things to plant in our garden. Otherwise I don't know what Monday will bring.

I'm going to assess the sleeping situation upstairs now....

No comments: