I'm so ready for a new week to begin in hopes that we can leave behind the sickness, sleepless nights, vomit, irritablilty and just plain sadness. On family day of all days it started. First it was Amberly, she was acting completely normal, except for the fact that she actually did sleep during nap time. Then once awake, she started to cry and I scooped her up in my arms, only to become a very close target of vomit all over me. It was discusting. Then she was fine again. She didn't eat the rest of the day, but was happy none the less. That evening, when all the kids were settled in to bed (or so I thought) Joel began to cry. Dave went to him only to tell me that he puked. He began changing him into new jammies when I entered the story. Once he was cleaned up, I brought him into our room and was about to swaddle him up like we always do. Well. He vomited again, all over me. So again, we had to change him, and he was so tired, I just laid him in the bassinet in our room and he went fast to sleep. He slept really well that night.
Amberly developed a cough through the night as well as Caleb, but both seemed well enough to go to school and the sitters on Tuesday morning. Joel was still not himself. Tuesday was long. He would scream everytime I would try to feed him. He hardly drank anything. By Wednesday, I made him a doctor's appt. The doctor checked him over only to come to the conclusion that he must have the flu. She suggested giving him Soy formula for a while to ease digestion, but other than that just ride it out. We've been riding until now. He has come down with a terrible cough and congestion. I've been nervous about pnuemonia, so I keep a close eye on him. If he isn't any better by tomorrow I suspect I'll be making another visit to the doctors. The odd thing out of the whole week and illness, is a fever has never been present. This morning while trying to feed him, he threw up everything he took in. Now I don't know why. I feel helpless a lot of the time.
I feel so tired. I skipped church and as soon as Joel went for his morning nap (which he's still doing) I put a movie on for the other 2 and went to bed. Didn't get a whole lot of sleep. But still it's been nice and quiet.
Praying for health to return to it's proper place in our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment