Monday, June 13, 2011

We Did It

The Fat Bottom Girls won the grand prize of $1500 in our local gym's Biggest Winner competition. I don't have all the stats, as I haven't gotten them through an email and I can't really remember what they announced that evening because they lost me after announcing us as the winners. I think overall the 5 of us lost somewhere above 70lbs and over 7% in body weight. I took the honourable mention of losing the most pounds out of everyone for the 6 weeks. Yes, I'm 26.5 lbs lighter (plus 2 more since the contest ended). We each were sent home with 3 $100 bills. They are still sitting in my wallet, I haven't had any time for myself to go and shop! And that is the plan, I plan on spending those dollars on myself.
I do admit I had a mini meltdown after winning the money. I was overcome with guilt, feeling like I couldn't spend that money on myself, there's things around the house that need to be done, there's cute things I would love to buy my kids, heck, there's a hungry child in India. But after some encouragement from the hubby and close friends I was again convinced that I derserve something for myself. I haven't had new clothes for myself (outside of maternity clothes or the odd work clothes) in a very very long time. Right now I'm wearing a shirt I bought just before my wedding and I'm wearing workout capris I bought when I found out I was pregnant with Caleb. I won't even admit how old my underpants are right now! ha ha ha!
This contest was great, it was the perfect blend of motivation, challenge and encouragement I needed to get myself back to where I need to be. I still have a ways to go but I huge chunk of me is gone! There will be another contest in September and it may be an individual one, I think I would join it, not just because I have a chance to win more money, but I loved their bootcamps. If we could afford it, I would join the gym just for the classes alone.

3 comments:

amym said...

congratulations!!!
Find some clothing sales and shop away!!!

Jay Hendershot said...

Way to go!! Have fun spending.

Deb said...

GOod for you Charlene! Congratulations. You deserve to spend that on yourself - ESPECIALLY some new comfy undies ;)