Last week was rough. It was a combination of several things. But the one that weighed my heart heavy was the death of an old friend. He and I had been really great friends in our high school days. Time took hold and I probably hadn't seen him in over 9 years. I went to his funeral this past Saturday, and was not only heart broken, but I found myself disappointed and angry. There were things said without any emotion. Truths between relationships came to light and it wasn't right. I wish I had kept in contact with him, because he needed to see grace given and shown and maybe I could have done that just a little for him. Where is Grace? Why can't the single, most important message of Christ come from a father/mother/pastor? Is it really that hard to extend? He was 34 years old. He died because of a blood clot. It was sudden, quick and way too soon. But God needed to show him the grace he deserved, so He took him home. Again, I don't know the facts, I've just read between the lines, and maybe I'm completely wrong. I pray I'm wrong, because a life of regrets is not one that God wants for His children.
Life is busy. Between working, running the house, looking for time to do workouts, I feel like Dave and I drift in and out. I miss him. So I breakdown. I cry. I'm entitled to fall apart sometimes. I always feel better after a good cry. But things will slow down come January. I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment