Monday, May 14, 2012

I Don't Know What I'm Doing....

Partly the reason that has taken me so long to post something is apparently my browser doesn't support Blogger anymore, and therefore I had to try firefox and that didn't work so now I've run this chrome thing and yes, I don't know what I did, but it's working anyway! The other reason why I haven't posted and the biggest reason is I just have no time! Life has become crazy busy for me. There is something on every night of the week and I'm either running out the door or Dave is and it's just become a big balancing act. I've joined the contest again at the gym, why? I don't know, but that takes up at least 4 hours of my week where I have to make it to classes. It's great, I love the challenge and I love the girls I've joined with, but none the less, it's busy. Baseball started 2 weeks ago, and that takes up my Thursday evenings, Dave plays Monday nights. Next week soccer begins, so Amberly plays Tuesday nights and Caleb Thursday nights. Over the past month we've had Mother's Day, Anniversaries, a weekend get away with Norm and Dave and I got a weekend away as well. Norma and I attended a ladies retreat up north for a weekend. It was a blast, lots of laughs. She found this weekend online and thought it would be great. We were the last to arrive and when we walked in, we quickly realized that we were the youngest of the bunch. (Except maybe 3 other ladies that would be close to our age). That alone was hilarious! Dave took me to Toronto to see Needtobreathe in concert at the Phoenix. Again, a wonderful time was had and I've quickly become a super fan of theirs. They are awesome! And to top it all off, Joel had his 18mth checkup back at the beginning of March and there we discovered he had ear infections. This resulted in 4 weekly visits, 3 rounds of new antibiotics and now on Wednesday we go back again where I believe we will get a referral. He's still tugging and pulling on his ears and this morning a nice green snot began to flow yet again. My poor baby. As if the above wasn't enough, I decided that it would be a wonderful idea to add a new family member into the mix. Meet Andy....
He is a beautiful golden retriever (with a little bit of boxer in him) who is named after Andy Bernard from The Office. I found him on Kijiji. He was the only pup the mom had and when I went to meet him he was 6 weeks old and just knew he was going to be the one. His parents were so quiet and reserved and he was too. Although he's coming out of his shell now and much more active, we're still get a full nights sleep, he loves his crate and we haven't had too many accidents in the house. He travels well and the kids love him. After the first 3 days I do admit, I had a bit of a meltdown, wondering what have I done, but he's just so adorable that I love him to bits. Dave has never had a dog before, and he adores Andy too. It's really great. All in all, life is super nuts in the Snyder house. I'm on week 2 of the contest, I'm not sure how I'll do this time around, but I'm working hard at it and I hope we can bring home the moula! I'm not sure how and when I'll post next. But I will try!

1 comment:

amym said...

wow...that is busy.
Congratulations on your newest addition. I love his name!

are you working part or full time these days?