Friday, August 24, 2012

Feeling Settled

It's been a couple of crazy weeks. But after returning to work and a somewhat familiar routine, I'm feeling more comfortable in the new place, and happy. We still have many boxes laying around, and bare walls, but we have the majority of necessity out and in use. The kids are loving the new place, love the backyard and their new rooms. As I am typing this the little girl from next door is over getting a tour from Amberly and it's so adorable to listen to! Yes, the neighbour girl is starting to make herself at home here too! This is only her second visit, but she does walk right in when I answer the door. She's in the middle of Caleb and Amberly age wise. She will be in Amberly's class which is kind of nice.

This little community is pleasant. We've already attended an ice cream social to meet the neighbours, there's free tee-ball every Wednesday for the kids, and for a $1 you can catch a bus to Fergus and go swimming! Next week when the school opens I have to go and get them registered and then that's pretty much it. Our summer in a nutshell was life changing! ha ha ha.

We did enjoy a few days away from the chaos and enjoyed Port Elgin. My friend let us stay in her cottage which was just a blessing, and gave a great little get away. Days at the beach and even seeing Deb and Shaun for a day was so much fun! So much fun, we need to make a point to do it more often I think :)

Baseball is almost all finished, I'm done and Dave finishes this week. Then we pull out the activity book to see what we can enrol our kids in. We think we'll try the Learn to Skate program. I may even put Amberly into Zumba for Kids! I love zumba!

Anyway, I better round up the kids and get them into bed. I want to catch up on some tv!

No comments: