I'm in my fourth week of being home, and I've made things too busy for myself. It could be the time of year, but I've squeezed in events that occur everyday. I don't mind this really, as it still is a slower pace to what I was used to. I've reserved Mondays to be a day of rest. Both Caleb and Amberly are in school that day, so it's just Joel and I, and I get a chance to recover the house from the weekend. But still manage to find something to throw on the calendar, like last night I had a few girlfriends over for dinner and a movie. Tuesdays I've joined a women's Bible study which runs the whole morning, Amberly and Joel have a program at the same time, it's more than provided childcare, but it's an actual program which I'm glad for. Tuesday evenings Caleb and Amberly are in the Canskate Learn to skate program. Wednesdays my church and the church in town have perfect alternating weeks of play groups, and that night Caleb and Amberly go off to their Awana clubs. Thursdays I take Joel and Amberly to the library for their children's story time. Friday thru to Sunday we don't have a routine but seem to always be busy.
This past weekend, we had the opportunity to decorate the house for Christmas. It was fun looking around our new house figuring out where we can put different things. I'm happy with the outcome, there are still a few final touches I would like to place, I don't know if some things will make their annual appearance. But that's o.k. The kids were eager to help decorate and as you can see, they were happy with the final product!
I didn't get involved in any Christmas happenings at church this year, hoping that I will be able to sit back and just be an audience member for once, and I'm really looking forward to attending different events here and there! Might have to even check out Jay's church :)
2 comments:
Yes! Come to the Christmas Concert if you can (December 8, 4 and 7 pm, and December 9, 2 and 5 pm)! Doors open an hour ahead of time; when you arrive you get a seat ticket. It's a bit of a different process this year and will hopefully ensure that everyone gets a good seat.
Should also say that hubby is singng three songs in the concert and I am in the choir. :-)
Post a Comment