Tuesday, April 02, 2013

That was Quick

March is usually a month that seems to never end. But now that we are in April, I wonder where did that last month go? It's not like we had done anything special, but with a busy schedule, it's hard to make time slow down. March brought the end of the kids skating lessons. They were happy about it. They had a little carnival at the end in which my two skated to "Surfin the USA" dressed in Hawaiian style. It was quite cute!


We had a wonderful Easter despite a bug that went through our family. The Tuesday prior to Easter, Caleb threw up at school, it was so unexpected, I didn't see it coming. But it was only a 24 hour thing, and he was fine the next day. But then on Friday Joel threw up at my parents at the end of the day, and then Sunday it hit Amberly and Monday both Dave and I got it. It was horrible. Dave passed out and hit his head on the end table, and trying to look after him and the kids while vomiting myself wasn't a good thing. I called my parents out of desperation, they came to my rescue :) We are both on the mend today, slowly putting things into our tummies and drinking our fluids.
Good Friday we went to Orangeville, went to church with Stephen and Sally and then back to my parents where there was lots of food and good times. The cousins love being together, we did our annual egg hunt outside which they loved! Dave took Andy on an 9.5km adventure on the side roads of Amaranth. It was great. Sunday we had Fern and Mert over for a roast beef supper that turned out great. I love Easter!

A few milestones were made on the weekend also. Caleb can now ride his bike with no training wheels and Joel no longer has a soother. Although he's been asking for it during nap times in which the past two days have been non-existing. I'm thinking with this nicer weather, Amberly might even lose her training wheels too, you know, to keep up! Who knows, but we will see.

No comments: