I'm amazed how fast time really goes. It's Sunday night already! So what did I do this Easter weekend? It all started on Thursday night when Dave and I went to Orangeville. We ate at the new Angels Diner, which was so packed (it was after 7pm too) and I really liked the food. Then we made pit stops at Payless Shoes and Future Shop, where I picked up a new pair of flip flops and Dave bought a wireless keyboard for his xbox!
Then at the farm we visited with my famiy and went to sleep. Benji gave up his room for us which was sweet, but man his bed is hard!!! Friday morning rolled around. We got ready and left for the Good Friday service at the Baptist church. It was so great, I have always loved that service and probably always will. I got to see Pastor Mark too, which was so great.
That afternoon we hung out at the farm and celebrated Benji's Birthday. We went for this really long walk, it was so great. I had a good laugh, but at the expense of someone's pain. I'm going to be terrible at being a sympathic Mom. Krista was busy telling me a story while walking through the hardwood bush, when she triped on a rather large rock, and all I could see was her face go straight down while her feet came straight up! She was crying of course and there I was down beside her laughing! Poor thing!
Saturday wasn't too eventful, Dave was busy for part of it, while I crawled on the couch for a couple of hours. Then later that night, we went out with Shannon, Kris & Mason, and met up with Mike and Joy and Steve and Christa and had dinner at Moosewanooskies. It was yummy! Then Dave and I went back to Steve and Christa's and had a bon fire, but I was freezing!
This day was a great one. Dave and I got up early and went to the Sunrise service for 8am. Then afterwards had breakfast that was provided by one of the small groups. Then the regular service was a baptism service. There was only one boy who came forward today. He is 11 years old, and he told Pastor George that he needed to be baptised because he was a Christian. It was as simple as that. I get teary eyed at these services, but on Easter, there was something extra special. On celebrating God's amazing resurrection this little boy out of obedience to Jesus "needed" to be baptised. I love Easter.
After church, we again had a restful afternoon, Mike and Joy were over for dinner, and we just got back from playing baseball! That's right, in two weeks the season begins! We were catching and batting, and I must say it felt really good. I'm looking forward to playing again. Only one team this year! 3 was a bit much!
I think now I'm going to curl up on the couch and watch some tv and nibble on my Easter chocolate that Dave gave me. I hope that you all had a great weekend.
Christ has risen. He has risen indeed!
2 comments:
I was at the Baptist church on Friday morning too! There were so many people, though, that it's not surprising that we didn't see each other.
I can't believe that baseball is starting already! I'd like to join a team but I don't think it's going to happen this year...
your children will grow up tough, and being able to be thick skinned when they fall down. They will probably be the kids that laugh (cause Mommy is) and they just move on with what they were doing.
who needs more woosy kids that cry cause an airplane flew over.
Post a Comment