Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Always going

I can't believe how fast time goes by. This past weekend was wonderful. First of all the weather couldn't have been better. On Friday I went to Orangeville in the afternoon and visited with Deb. Then I met with my family and had supper out with them at Harvey's. I haven't been to Harvey's in quite some time, I really enjoyed it. Then I went to BookLore to tell Tracey my news. That was funny, because she asked me what was new. I told her I was going to have a baby. Her reaction was so funny. She asked me if I was pregnant now?? hahaha I laughed and told her "no, but maybe I'll be tomorrow!" She was in shock.

Saturday was a busy day of running to Orangeville for Brooke's birthday party, then back to Elmira for Mason's birthday party. They both were a success and they both were adorable. Brooke was especially adorable in her cute danty dress!

Sunday was fun too. Dave and I both went to church for our final Sunday School. I was with the children downstairs while he was upstairs learning how to live a spartan life (financial wise). Then Steve and Christa skipped normal church with us and we headed to the beach for the day. We first went and bought some meat and buns to have a picnic lunch there. It was a bit cool there. None of us went swimming, but Christa and I ended up with pretty heated burns on our legs. Although mine are better today. Tomorrow they will probably be really itchy.

Last night I went to the church for a women's ministry night. Our church never really had a women's ministry so they started one and last night was the kick off. It was so much fun. We were all asked to bring a salad of some kind and a hat with a story behind it. There was like 50 women that showed up ranging from teenagers to 80yrs of age. I was asked to read the scripture of the night which was cool and I sat with some ladies who I didn't know so well so it was definately a fun night. Especially seeing some of the older ladies who I could adopt as Grandma's in their special hats, and hearing the stories about their hats. It was so neat.

My hubby is sick with the flu, he's been off for the past two days, so I'm taking good care of him. hehehe

2 comments:

Deb said...

WOW! You've been very busy!

Your niece did look very cute in her new dress and hat -- I saw her in the nursery on Sunday.

Poor hubby :( I hope he gets better soon. Remind him that this is one of the last times you can nurse him back to health.. as soon as the baby is here, you'll be too busy and he'll have to nurse himself ehehhehehehe.

amym said...

what hat did you wear??