This evening Dave and I went out with Steve, Christa, Shannon, Kris and Mason, we first watched the guys each hit a bucket of golf balls at the driving range then we went for a stroll at the Floridale Dam. And I could smell it. Fall is in the air. The leaves are showing signs of them changing, and it's not even 8:30pm and it's totally dark out. I like this time of year. Today was beautiful out.
Dave and I became members today in church. We had to get up in front of the whole congregation and read a covenant and then shook the hands of the combined council. We've gone through the interview months ago, but today was the congregational induction I guess you would call it. It is fullfilling really, to be officially apart of this church family. It has taken time, but I totally feel at home in this church, I've met and made some wonderful friends. I also started to attend Adult Sunday School and the women have a seperate class and we're using the book How to be a Mary in a Martha World. It sounds really neat, and something I'll need for the future. Learn how to stop and reflect and find peace in moments.
This week was also a busy week with activities at Church. Tuesday night Adventure Club started, and that was fun. And Wednesday night our small group started up again. Because there are so many of us in the church that are either starting a family or already have a young one we are studying Sheparding a Child's Heart. This is really cool too. It will teach us to look past the outward actions of our children and look at their heart. That's probably not the best way to say it, but it was only the introduction night!
My parents were down on Thursday. They went to the market for the day and then hung out at my place until I got home. I fed them some supper and then we headed to Kitchener for Babies R Us. My parents wanted to buy us a Pack n' Play. Although the one we wanted there, were all sold out, we ended up finding one in Sears that I really liked. We also went to Motherhood, and my mom helped me shop for desperately needed clothes, while my Dad wandered around the different stores that were down there. It was so nice to have them for the evening. We got back home and then they headed home themselves.
The oddest thing happened on Friday, Steve, Christa, Dave and I went to McDonald's for dinner and Amy walked in! It was so shocking to see her, I almost didn't believe it!
Yesterday Dave was in a baseball tournament. I stayed at home, I was very frustrated as I tried to be successful at ordering some Leaf tickets for my brothers and had no luck. Even though I was on ready for 11am when the went on sale!! Then in the afternoon I ventured to paint, and I painted half the nursery! I'll leave the other half for Dave.
Well that is that week in a huge nutshell!
3 comments:
You saw Amy? Did she come to visit you specifically, or just passing through? What a coincidence.
You sound very busy but happy. That's great. I like fall, too. I enjoy this time of year.
why is that so surprising? she doesn't live very far?
i tried getting together with you recently too jay!
I know... but it sounds like a coincidence. I guess it depends on your definition of far! For someone who doesn't like to drive more than she has to, an hour and a bit is far for me. Anyway, I hope you had fun. And I will visit soon. How is September 30/Oct 1 looking for a visit?
Post a Comment