Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Days Like This

I'm tired today. I haven't done much that is productive. Well that's not completely true, I did 2 loads of laundry and moved Caleb's crib mattress so it's lower now. But I really don't feel like doing much. Even though time drags on, overall the days just fly away. December is going to be here before I know it. It's a tricky feeling because I very much look forward to Christmas, but December also means I have to return to work. My mind is fully prepared to do that right now, but when November rolls around, it may not be so!

This past weekend was lots of fun. Saturday I packed up Caleb's things and we headed to my parents place. I spent most of the day there, then I ended up leaving Caleb with them. I came home (the drive seemed long and lonely!) and Dave and I walked to the main street of Elmira and we had dinner at a pizza place, then we walked to our friend's buck and doe. It was kind of a boring one, but it was good to be out with friends. The next day, we got ourselves ready and headed to Toronto for the day. We saw the Blue Jays beat Baltimore Orioles 2-3 and then found a restaurant on Front street. It was called the Texas Grill and I didn't like it. Our food took forever, I ordered fish and chips and the fish was over done while the fries were a bit soggy! After that we drove home to my parents. We were reunited with Caleb and we spent the night there. On Monday Dave and I were up early and headed to Canada's Wonderland for the day. It was a very cold day. We had fun, it was a rough start, since we had a plan in mind, but the rides we wanted on first weren't up and running, this sucked, because we were going to avoid the ridiculous line ups! Oh well. My new favourite ride is The Italian Job, so much fun! We did Drop Zone, I only second guessed my decision when we were on the very top and it released us, but once down safe and alive, I was glad I did it!

On the way home we did a little detour through Tottenham and stopped at the DQ there, even though I was frozen to my bones, I wouldn't pass up ice cream! ha ha ha. Caleb was a good boy, my parents loved having him over those days. He is almost crawling. I'm excited to see his progress but at the same time, I know what crawling is going to bring us. We will have to baby proof the house soon!

Tonight we have baseball. I'm so glad it's almost over, this team sucks! I just can't get over how fast summer has come and gone. August is almost all gone! This coming weekend I'm going away for a girls weekend. My friends from work are going, I feel a bit sad leaving Dave and Caleb, but I'm also looking forward to catching up with the girls and having some good laughs!

Better go and dust off the ball cleats!

1 comment:

amym said...

I hope you had a marvelous weekend with the girls!
I too can't believe that the summer is almost over!