Monday, November 12, 2007

3 weeks and counting

That's right. I only have 3 weeks left of my maternity leave, then I'm heading back to work. I'm feeling a little sad about this. But at the same time, I know it will be good for me, and December will probably fly by fast, I'm only working 4 days a week in Dec. and on top of that, there's Christmas parties and lunches to attend, it will be fine.

I'm sad because I know how much I'm going to miss my baby. I'm sad that I won't know what he will be doing all the time. I might miss his first steps. But I don't want to dwell on this. It won't be for forever.

Last week was fun. On Wednesday I went to my parents place and stayed over night. Them my parents came with me and Caleb to the Royal Winter Fair. It was nice to go, not sure if me expectations were met, but Caleb did so good at being stuck in the stroller for the day. He did get a kick out of the animals, so that was good.

Christmas shopping is well underway. We have several people knocked off our list already and we only have a few left to shop for. My only issue is finding something for Dave. I have a problem because I want to make everything meaningful. Then I get stuck trying to think of that one super special gift, and I run out of time! Hopefully I will be able to pull off something great!

I wasted a good 2 hours and 13 minutes of my life watching Knocked Up. Who makes a stupid, vulgar comedy that long anyway?? Then later on Dave and I watched Spiderman 3. That was alright.

This coming week I'm going to be stressed out! This weekend is such a busy one. Friday night we have a couple coming over for dessert, then Saturday I'm hosting my mom's 60th b-day party and then on Sunday we have some people coming over for lunch. Yikes, I'll be tired come Monday!

Well we're off to Starfish this morning. Caleb just loves it. He splashes the whole time. Last week him and Cara were splashing eachother, it was so funny!

No comments: