Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Caleb's Daycare Trial Day

Dave worked from home today so he could come along with us to Caleb's daycare and meet Christa, the lady who will be taking care of our little. We went for 11am, and we got him in and put him down, he was a little unsure of things, but with the dog around, he was very curious. So we left him there, after he went gladly in Christa's arms. As I was getting into the truck, Dave says "Ahhh he thinks she's his new mom, how does that make you feel?" Grrrr, I told him that was a very mean thing to say! While Caleb was there, I got to cleaning the house and moving things around to make way for the Christmas tree which I hope to put up tomorrow.

We then went back at 1:00 to pick Caleb up, we went in and chatted to see how things went. Well, he made art! She got paint out and he put it on his hands and made us a picture! I was so thrilled! Then he had 1/2 a turkey sandwich, some fruit, cheese and yogurt for lunch. A big boy lunch! She read him stories which he loves, and that was it. He was so happy when we got there, he was happy to see us, but he was having a blast with all the new and different toys. So I'm releaved that everything went so well. I just hope that when it comes time for me to pick him up, he won't be sad to leave there!

Tomorrow night, we're heading to Toronto for a couple of days. We're going to shop at the Eaton Centre for Christmas, and try to get Caleb with Santa! It should be lots of fun. Saturday we are taking Caleb to my work's Kid's Christmas party, that should be fun too!

3 comments:

amym said...

wow it sounds like your mat leave is going out with a BANG! Enjoy your last few days of freedom :)

Caleb will always know you are his MOM! but it is good to know that he is transitioning to day care so far smoothly.

have FUN!

Deb said...

Thats wonderful, Char!

And she is NOT a replacement mom, at all. that was very very mean and thoughtless of Dave to say. YOU are and always will be MOM.

Not to scare you, but be prepared that in a couple weeks the smooth drop off may change - apparently this is a usual time frame for the novelty to wear off and he may not go so easily. Do remember, though, he will likely calm within 5 minutes!! Sara has told me TONS of stories of kids screaming at drop off, and as soon as mom has driven out the drive, the're happy and playing.

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Ya I've heard that too, but the nice thing for me is, Dave will be dropping Caleb off every morning, so I don't have to go through that. Very releaved about that! Dave was just joking with me about that comment, but yes, twisted sense of humour!