I can't believe we're back to a Monday already! Both Dave and I have the day off, so it's nice. We aren't doing much, we're going to his parents place tonight for dinner. Caleb has a pretty bad cold, so today seems to be a long one.
Last week went by just so fast, I was so tired by Friday! Tuesday we had Dave's parents in for dinner. Then that night the baby sitter called and couldn't take Caleb on Wednesday due to a family emergency. So Dave stayed home with him, and I starte work at 7am so I could leave early. Dave was going to Buffulo that night for a hockey game, so he needed me home by 3. I got there and then took Caleb to his Valentine's party that our sitter had arranged with a friend. There, Caleb was not happy. In fact he threw his first series of temper tantrums! I had no idea how to deal with them, so it was quite embarrassing, especially when everyone thinks he's the perfect baby! HA! By the time I got home I was exhausted! But Shannon called and was in a pinch and needed someone to watch Jaden while she took Mason to swimming. I said no problem, and it wasn't. Just got a taste of what two will be like! Caleb was a little rough with her, but she's a tough babe!
Ahhh. Thursday. Hmmm, I don't even know what was going on that night. I just know I missed Survivor! I took Friday off because it was my half day. I had to get my car serviced, and then I had an ultrasound in the morning. It was a whirlwind day, because Dave and I also were preparing to go away for the weekend. The ultrasound went well. However, she didn't let me empty my bladder half way through, so the pictures we got weren't so great. But it still was amazing! I have a feeling we're having a girl. I say this only because this one is measuring a bit smaller than Caleb (thank heavens!) and the movements I feel are a much different experience. But, we're going to wait and keep the sex a surprise again.
OH YA! Thursday was Valentine's day and Dave took me to the Keg for dinner. It was very special and yummy. I was so stuffed. He also got me a box of chocolates and a chocolate bar, he knows me so well!
This past weekend we attended a Couples retreat away at MBC. It was really nice to get away. Dave has never been to MBC before, so he wasn't sure what he was getting into! I just was looking forward to the food! ha ha ha! There was a life coaching couple there that held a few sessions on how God intended marriage. It was really neat, we found out that Dave and my true colours are complete opposite (not much of a surprise to us) and we did a little bit about our Love Languages. It was a great weekend. We met some really neat couples. It was a close and personal retreat as there was only about 6 couples who attended. But I got a massage from a MT who came in and we got to spend some quality time alone with eachother. And as always the food was so amazing! Mmmmm mmmmm good! My parents were great, they came and stayed at our place to watch Caleb. It was so great.
2 comments:
I know what you mean about the weeks being a blurr. My parents were away for a week in Cuba. I had such great plans to get so much accomplished and now they are home and I have NO idea where the time went...
well I need to start getting the guys up for work...take care and I miss you!
Charlene, nice to hear that you and Dave were able to 'get away' together! I'm glad you are doing well and that the baby is healthy. I miss you though - we'll have to try and visit each other soon!
Jay
Post a Comment