Friday, February 08, 2008

Yes It's Friday!

I made it through an entire week! Hooray! I've been feeling good. After last week, I ended up getting my prescription filled for Diclectin, and I've been taking it ever since and things seem much better. Plus I have my energy back, although I do get tired really easy. I have had a couple of 20 minute naps after supper. Monday night I went to the pool to do some laps. Because I've been having pelvic pain with this pregnancy, the doctor warned me not to do much walking in the snow as that can aggrevate that region, so I headed to the pool to get that recharged feeling. I haven't done laps in a very long time. I went with the idea that if I can do 15 laps, then I'm o.k. Well let me tell you. After only 4, I thought I was going to die! So I took it slow, by lap #8 I thought well, if I manage to do 10, then that isn't so bad. At 10, I looked at the clock and only 15 mins had gone by! So I did my 15 and then a few really leisure laps, I felt so great after that!

Tuesday was a day full of mixed feelings. My mom emails me eveyday at work, and that day she emailed the good news of the sale of their house in town, but then she said they would look for something and move off the farm. I knew all along that this was plan, but when I actually read those words, it started to really sink in. I've lived my whole life there, and to know that one day soon my connection to it would be gone is really sad. I get quick flashbacks of all the wonderful memories I've had there, and I've cried over it a few times already. Just thinking of it now brings a tear to my eye. Anyway, that night I got home and talked to my Dad on the phone and I then learned that Dr. Lindsay passed away that morning. Again, my heart ached. We knew this day would come too, but just seems so much!

Caleb is walking all over now, still there is often the occasion to crawl because he's in a hurray, but day by day he progressively goes further. It's exciting! He's a funny guy too. He now laughs at me when I say in a serious tone "No", it takes everything in me not to laugh when he laughs. But persistance is the key, and he'll learn what he can and can't touch! His new game is to stand behind me while I'm sitting on the floor and have me shake my head, and then he shakes his head then laughs himself to the floor! He also grabs certain shaped toys, puts them in my mouth and squeals with delight when I spit them across the room!

Tonight is a girls night for me! I can't wait. I'm going to see Fool's Gold with 4 of my friends. Then tomorrow I think we're going to head to O'ville, depending the weather will be o.k. Not much planned for Sunday, but that's alright! I've been feeling the baby move. Although my mind plays games on me, this movement is different than with Caleb. So I second guess if it is in fact the baby or not. But with in the last 2 days, the movement has gotten stronger. I go for my ultrasound next Friday, I'll be almost 20 weeks! Almost 1/2 way there! Amazing!

Well that's all folks....

2 comments:

amym said...

Yeah for the full work week and feeling better...sorry to hear about Dr.Lindsay.
It is hard to think about your parents without a farm. Have they thought about where they are going to relocate to? maybe closer to you???
Glad to hear you are able to have a girls night. Friends close by can be such a wonderful blessing. Tell me what you think of the movie.

Funny Girl Charleney said...

My parents are looking to stay around the O'ville area. mostly because my brothers will be in on the purchase and need to commute to work. I wish they would come closer but it's not practical for my bros! The movie was good. It was more action than I thought, but you know how I love Matthew McConaughey! I would reccommend it.