We're in the new house all safe and sound. It was a trying weekend. It seems when something goes well, something else always goes wrong. The move went well. There are a few oopps that the movers did that we have made claims about, but all in all, it was a simple solution and a wise one. Considering I was still moping the floor at the old place at 12:30 when the new owners arrived. The down side was my little Caleb got very sick. Thursday evening Fern and Mert picked him up from Christa's. They took him to their place for supper and I told them to keep him until about 8pm, but at 6:30 they were back with him, he wasn't himself. So I thought he was teething, he kept sticking his fists in his mouth and he had rosy cheeks. But then he started poking at his ear. We drugged him up, and he slept on and off through the night. Friday he got worse, he would cry and cry and scream, he was just miserable. So I took him to the emergency in Fergus because a) it's not too far away and b) it's a small town with hopefully a short line in the waiting room. We got there and it was packed :( It took about 3&1/2 hours before I got in to see a doctor. The last hour Caleb spent just crying. The doctor looked in his ear and mouth and told me that he had bit of an ear infection and that he had tonsilitis. He prescribed some antibiotics and told me to alternate Tylenol and Advil every 3 hours. Over Saturday and Sunday he seemed to get progressively worse not better. He also got blisters all on his hands and feet which I didn't think too much of, but was worried that it was some kind of reaction. Tuesday came along and I got him in to see the family doctor. As soon as he saw the blisters he told me that it was Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Ahhhh. It was the longest and sadest weekend ever. He was so sad, that I think I spent lots of time in tears with him. I didn't sleep much Tuesday night because I was worried for Amberly, it's very contagious apparently. But today is Friday and he's back to himself. The best thing out of all of this was we said GOODBYE to his soother. He wouldn't take it because his mouth was so sore, so I put it away and I'll never bring it out again. So far it's been great. Night time isn't as easy for bed, but he still goes to sleep eventually.
I love our house. It turned out beautiful. We still have to find homes for many things, but our basic needs are unpacked and it feels like home too. I still haven't taken any photos of it, but maybe this weekend I will. We are kid free this weekend. My parents are taking Amberly and Fern and Mert are taking Caleb to the trailer. Tomorrow we're heading to Ingersoll for a wedding and then spending the night there. I'm looking forward to it, but unfortunately I'm not feeling so great. I think all this lack of sleep has caught upto me.
I'm going to post a few of my favourite pictures I took of Amberly to celebrate 2 months! I took a million, playing with the camera and shadows. It was fun. Hope you like them!

Both her and Caleb have beautiful long dark eyelashes. They get them from their father!

This one below is of her in the middle of one of her stories. She's just so cute!


1 comment:
Char - glad to hear your move went mostly smooth. Poor Caleb! I've heard HFM is AWEFUL - so painful - I am glad he is recovering and Amberly didn't get it! She is such a cutie - great pics!! Have agreat time at the wedding!!
Post a Comment