It is completely pooring with rain outside. I was going to walk to Shannon's tonight and then we were going to walk to McD's for an ice cream, good thing we didn't walk! It was nice to get out and just have some girl time. It makes a world of difference for me to be out of the house away from my kids for a short bit, it makes me a better Mom. I know it sounds funny, but I'm not wired to be the classic mother who lives and breathes for her children. Does that sound terrible? I don't know how to explain it, but being out and about from them, I get the opportunity to miss them. I love being a mom and I absolutely love and adore my children, don't get me wrong!
I've been watching the Olympics, it's bad because I get hooked on them at night when I know I should be sleeping. Sunday morning at 4am, I was feeding Amberly and I turned the tv on to watch the rowing, well then I got hooked and I had to stay up to see Sarah B. in the women's 8, next thing I know was it was getting close to 6am! I just remember thinking to myself, "Man I'm so stupid, and they only came in 4th!" ha ha ha. Oh well, only one more week of them, then I won't have anything to hold my attention in the middle of the night. In fact, I just won't turn that darn thing on!
We move next Thursday. We've got everything packed up that we can for right now, and Dave is taking next week off. So I think we're in good shape. I don't like living surrounded by all these boxes, I just keep telling myself that by the end of September I should be fully settled and I can start to just enjoy each day. Right now I feel like I'm missing out, life is just all about the move. I'm missing out on enjoying my baby, and I just feel scattered. I can't wait to have life resume to a normal state!
Man I miss playing baseball. I was playing volleyball for a bit yesterday with Dave and I had a blast. So much so that I might look for a v-ball team to join this fall. We'll see. I feel like I have my energy back, I just need to get back into shape!
Sounds like the rain has let up.
4 comments:
WOW. only 1 week to go - that is crazy. I hope it goes very smoothly for you!!!
Good luck with the move today!
Oops, that last comment was from me (Jay).
how'd it go???
Post a Comment