The flu arrived unwelcomed in our house Thursday night. All was normal, no one saw it coming. Caleb went to bed at his usual time, and an hour into his sleep he woke up crying. I went into his room only to discover he had thrown up big time everywhere. We got him changed into new jammies, and Dave was cuddling him while I changed his bed. He threw up again on himself, so we then put him in the bath. He was shivering the whole time in the tub and threw up again in there. Finally after all was cleaned and laundry started we finally got back to bed past 11pm. He then woke up with the runs in the morning. So we called Christa and told her that Caleb wasn't coming that day. I had made sugar cookies and everything for Caleb to take because it was a Tea Party for Stuffy's that day. Oh well. He had no energy, refused to eat anything, and I barely got liquid in him. He threw up a few times that day, and Saturday morning. But then it seemed to be leaving. Until last night, when Amberly threw up big time at Fern and Mert's. We have never seen her throw up that bad before. She was even choking on it. It was awful. After a chat to a health nurse on Telehealth, Dave went out and bought Pedialite, with instructions to give her 1-2 tsp's every 5 mins for the next 8 hours! CRAZY!! Thank goodness it was bed time, we got maybe about 10 tsp's in her before bed time. Then she slept wonderfully. This morning she woke up and in an hour drank her normal bottle, and I'm keeping fingers crossed, no throw up so far. A few runny diapers, but I rather deal with that then vomit.
We did have a good week last week. Nothing too exciting happened. My parents came on Tuesday for the day. It was great weather, so we did get outdoors a lot. This meant awesome sleeping for the kids!
Saturday, Dave and I did a few things that needed to be done a while ago. We lowered the mattress in Amberly's crib. Then we finally turned Caleb's crib into the toddler bed. That night he did fall out of bed. But so far, he hasn't realized that he can actually get out of bed. He stays there until we come and get him. I'm hoping this lasts long!
Sunday, we had church. I had to teach toddler nursery, and normally this is o.k. But I had a terrible hour. Amberly is making strange now, and she wouldn't settle in her nursery, so I ended up having to take care of her on top of teach 4 toddler boys! Caleb was still a bit out of sorts and was crying all the time, I think he was afraid I was going to leave him. It was just nuts. My helper, who is a full time missionary, attends our church and even fills in on the preaching from time to time was not having a good time either. First of all I felt a little intimidated with him there, then 20 mins. into all the chaos, he says to me "Yep, I rather spend 10 hours preparing a sermon then spend an hour in this craziness!" HA HA HA! He's a father of 2 toddler boys, so that's why he is recruited to help sometimes.
After church we left our kiddies with Dave's parents while we went out to lunch to Montana's with Steve and Christa (we haven't done this without kids in a very long time) Then we wandered around the Superstore. Christa and I had an extremely good laugh when we discovered the book The Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed. We were so excited about it, that we took it to our husbands. But oddly they didn't see the humour in it. We then headed to a bowling alley where we attended a 30th birthday party for our friend Darcy. It was so much fun. I haven't bowled in such a long time. It was so refreshing to do that again and had good laughs and met up with old friends.
Not much on for this week. Friday I have to go to a Physiotherapist. I've been having a lot of pain with my groin, it's been ruled out that there is no hernias, so next step is to do some physio. I'm nervous that I won't be able to play baseball. The pain is really bad some days. It's disabling sometimes. I did have pelvic pain when I carried Amberly, so I don't know if it's all related or what. But I'm hoping I'll get things better sooner than later. Plus this Sunday, Amberly is being dedicated at church. I'm looking forward to that. My family is all coming for the day, lets just pray that the flu leaves our house completely this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment