Friday, April 24, 2009

Am I Too Old?

Last night we had an "exhibition" game against the other Elmira ball team. It was the first time I full out played baseball since fall 2007. It was a test to see how my pelvis was going to take it all as well. I've been seeing a physiotherapist for the past 3 weeks now, she's been adjusting my pelvis and giving me exercises at stregthening my core muscles because this is what is causing my groin pain. She's recommended a belt for me to wear, but I'm vain. It's ugly, and you have to wear it around your butt. So I am determined to get these muscles stronger and avoid this belt. I thought I was doing well, last week she told me that I was getting stronger and because I've gone longer in between groin pain we thought it was working. Until last night. I don't know if it was when I hit the ball and turned to run to the base, or when I went to run for a ball in the taller grass, but by the time I got home I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't lift my left leg to get my sock off. I sat in a nice hot bath and then went to bed. As usual, I woke up this morning with no pain at all. It's bizarre. I have another appt. this morning, so I'm sure she's going to want me to have this belt. But my next game isn't until 2 weeks time, and I want to take those weeks and continue my exercises and have the game and then see. I probably will have my appt. the next day after the game, so I can get the belt then. Dave thinks I'm crazy and that I should just get this belt now.

On top of all that, my elbow and my shoulder is sore from throwing. I think 30 brings a bundle of life experiences that include broken down bodies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's all downhill from here Charlene! LOL.

Jay

Deb said...

Gah! 30 is still young!!
Heck, 40 is young.

amym said...

can you decorate the belt to make it look fancier??? sequins or something :) maybe bedazzle it!!!
that would be COOL! you could be a trend setter!!

Funny Girl Charleney said...

it goes around my butt! I would look like those punk teenage boys with their pants down the butt with their boxers in full view! The belt for me means very long t-shirts!