Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fresh Air = Sleep

This past week has had some amazing weather. We have spent 2/3 of our days outdoors, and boy it tuckers out Caleb. All week he eagerly says goodbye to me when I take him to bed for his naps. We've had many trips to a variety of different parks, or we just hang out on the driveway while Caleb "mows" with his bubble mower. I'm trying to utilize this great weather before I have to return to work in July.

I've had a difficult week emotionally. Dave had to work overtime this week, so he wasn't home much at night, that makes for a long day. But I did o.k. with that, what I am focussed on and troubled by is our whole child care come September. My amazing baby sitter has always told us that she only has room for Caleb. July and August is o.k. because she loses a few kids, but come September they all return and we are stuck without care for our kids. We didn't think much about it, in hopes that something would work out. But nothing has changed. I mean we could leave Caleb with her and find something for Amberly, but I don't want to seperate them. On top of this, I want to switch to part time maybe. Everything is so up in the air, I haven't talked to my boss about it yet, and this week after a discussion with Christa (babysitter) about a few different scenarios, I have realized that we'll have to find someone else. I'm devastated over this. I can't sleep at night, and I've had a few good cries over it. For Dave, it's not a big deal, we find another person and move on. For me, I see how much Caleb loves Christa, and how much she loves her kids, and I don't want to take that away from him. It's our first decision that will greatly affect our children. Plus, if I do only part time, it may be hard to find someone who is willing to take on part time kids, especially if they really want to fill full time spots.

It's a huge dilema, and I'm really trying to leave it in God's hands. I mean we trusted him when it came time for me to go back after Caleb, and he totally provided with an amazing lady. I just need to trust that He will do the same this time around. I think it's even harder this time because there isn't an end of work in sight. I'm not going back pregnant this time. So it's really hard.

We've hit a few milestones lately. The biggest one being that Caleb has been a whole month in real underwear. He's gotten a special ribbon from Christa and he's just our big boy! He tells us if he has to poop, but he still doesn't tell us about pee. But he's a kid of routine and we rarely have accidents, we go to the potty as routine and he holds it until that time! We have had accidents of number two's during nap time, but I can count them on one hand, which is good for a whole month! Amberly is crawling all over, and is now pulling herself up on the couch and bookcase. Ahhh, she's a handful! But we love her to bits!

Today we're heading to Mike and Joy's for dinner to celebrate Mert's birthday. So I better go and get the kids up from nap and us ready to go.

No comments: