Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Davey

Today is Dave's birthday. He's out this morning for a meeting at church, but then I've got my mom coming over to babysit, while I take him out to the movies to see Angels and Demons and then to Mongolian Grill for dinner. I'm really looking forward to going to the movies with Dave. We haven't done this in AGES!!
It's been a tough week, we lost Hockley! Or shall I say 'I' lost Hockley. I don't know when it happened, but she must of escaped the house at some point. I didn't realize she was gone until Wed. night. I do know the last time that I actually saw her was Monday morning. It's just strange that she is in fact gone, because out of the two cats, Sunshine is the one always looming around the doorways waiting for the chance to get out. But none the less, I do leave the door open when I'm loading up the van with the kids and their gear. So I don't know when she got out. I just feel extra sad because she's been out in this wet weather. She's a timid cat, and loud noises always scared her, so I can just imagine what she's going through. I talked to the neighbour, I rode the bike around the area, and we call for her out the back door throughout the day. I'm hoping that some kind stranger took her in and she basking in the love of someone else, this is all that is easing my mind!
Last weekend, Dave and I purchased a Chariot Cabriolet. It's used, 5 years old, but looks brand new. We LOVE it. It came only as the bike trailer, so we orderd the jogging kit to go with it. We were hoping it would come in this week, so we could use it on Monday (Dave is taking us to the zoo) but no such luck. We'll stick to the original plan of taking 2 strollers. Caleb loves riding in it, Amberly needs to get used to the helmet, she doesn't like it on so much, but with time I'm sure she'll get over it. It's nice to be able to just go for a leisure bike ride with the kids now. My butt needs to toughen up though!

2 comments:

Deb said...

COngrats on your bike trailer! You will get lots of use out of it.

Sorry you lost Hockley :( I hope she returns! Did you call the local vets and SPCA??

amym said...

happy birthday to dave!!

its weird that you don't actually remember seeing Hockley get out...can Caleb open doors?

exciting about the bike trailer! you could use it for lots of adventures I am sure!!