Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall, I love this Season!

Thanksgiving Day. It comes so fast and is gone before we know it. We have had a wonderful weekend so far, and we have one more dinner to attend tonight at Fern and Mert's. Yesterday we spent the day at my parents place. Dave, Denise and I went for a hike on the Bruce Trail while the kids napped. We drove around a bit to see the leaves. Then we played with the kids and had lots to eat later on. We also celebrated my Dad and Steve's birthday days. Lots of fun was had. I haven't posted pictures in awhile. So here are a few. The first one below is of Caleb on the caboose of the Waterloo Region Train. He is currently obsessed with trians, and on this day, he was so excited that he didn't know how to show it. He had a few melt downs and was overly concerned with Amberly and what she was doing (he probably didn't want her to ruin his experience) but he loved it! We took the kids to the Floridale park, where Caleb could throw rocks in the water. This is Amberly on the bridge.
This in the back of Benji's truck. The cousins, having fun (well most of them having fun that is)


This is Dave and I on our hike. It was a great hike too.


And a scenic picture, a long our walk!
I think I hear one of the kids stirring upstairs. We took them for a swim in the new Elmira pool this morning, and it wore us all out! I should have napped too! Oh well, my opportunity is now fading. That's o.k. Bedtime can be early tonight.
My 3 days a week at work is going great! Plus it looks like I'll be busy, as more work opportunities are coming my way, which is exciting. But on the Thursdays and Fridays, I get my housework accomplished, and I get visit with friends and I can have afternoon naps too if I want!
Oh ya, Amberly had her 15 mth. check up on Friday. She is still growing! ha ha ha! She's in the 95th percentile for height and head circumference, but only the 40th for weight. She still at 22lbs. It makes buying clothes for her difficult as she needs the length, but the waists are way too big! Even stretch pants or leggings, fall off of her. I've borrowed a whole set of clothes off of my friend, and I now know which brand of clothing + sizes = Amberly's perfect fit. In stores like Old Navy and Gap, I need bigger sizes, but others like Walmart, Bonnie Togs and Zellars, I need the smaller size. Thank goodness for friends who lend out wardrobes! Just need to get her winter boots, and hats and mitts! Caleb is almost set too, just need a couple of pj's and socks!
That's all for now folks...


1 comment:

amym said...

C too loves his trains!!
looking forward to getting together with you!!