Well, here it is, the eve before a new year. When I think about the past year, I can't believe it's flown by so fast. Even the last decade really. Atleast when you think of the past 10 years, more milestones were hit.
We had a great Christmas. I little chaotic, but fun. Christmas eve we were out at my parents, as the tradition continues and all my cousins and their families come. I love Christmas eve. This was our attempt to get all the "great grandchildren" in one shot.

Then we woke up Christmas morning in our own home. The kids, creatures of habit they are, woke at their normal time of 7am. Caleb wasn't so sure he wanted to go downstairs to see if Santa came, but he did. He's yawning here.

Then we headed to Dave's parents for the rest of the day. The kids were spoiled. We had a nice dinner with them and then from there went back to my parents place to spend the night and have my family Christmas Boxing day. Yet again, the kids were spoiled, and had a blast playing with their uncle's, aunt's and cousins. Uncle Steve even made a snow castle.

Dave spoiled me for Christmas as well. I got to open up on Christmas morning several different black frames, with black and white photos in them of our family. And then the real big present was a trip away Sunday night, a surprise. He told me on the way there. We went to Niagara Falls and stayed in the Embassy Suites over looking the falls. It was so lovely. We had a fireplace, a jacuzzi tub, an amazing view. We ate at the Keg which again overlooked the falls. And we skated "The Rink at the Brink". It was such a perfect way to relax after the crazy past few days. Below is the view from our room and the last one is of me at the rink. Not so great because it was night, but a really neat experience!


Tonight we're heading over to our friend's place, the kids will probably have to crash before midnight and I'm uneasy about ruining their routine, but everyone keeps telling me, "it's one night of the year Charlene" so we're going!
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
that is a GREAT snow fort!!!
Sounds like you had a great holiday!!
and I agree with you about letting the kids stay up....yes it is only one night but it takes a few days to get back on schedule and I am not sure it is worth all the grumpiness...
Chase did stay up later tonight but only because he didn't have his nap until 230 (he usually goes down at noon) and because his grandparents are up for a short visit. He is sound asleep now though
Post a Comment