This was the topic of our small group this past week. The opening question was, "does life sometimes feel like one day just blends into the next and it becomes a cycle that you don't know how it started, and how it can stop?" Sometimes I feel this way, I get up, get the kids ready, go to work, pick the kids up, make dinner, feed the kids, bath the kids, put the kids to bed, watch some tv, go to bed myself. Seems like a boring routine. Life isn't supposed to be this way. So in the next few weeks I want to set some goals. Daily ones, weekly ones and even some for the year. I know starting with daily ones, I need to find patience. I even need to tell myself to sit and enjoy the kids instead of worry about the unfolded laundry, or the cat hair floating on the floor. Plus I need to reflect on what a blessing my family is. I need to remember God, and start spending time in His word daily again, and take away some of my distractions so I can seek out His voice and listen to Him. I need to stay active, exercise isn't as bad as I sometimes make it out to be. I need to connect with my husband, ask him questions, have an actual conversation with him daily. What do I want for myself in 2010? Where do I want to vacation? What do I want to do to the house? On top of all of this, I need to believe in myself that I can reach these goals and achieve a happier life. But it's hard. I got up today and had no motivation to do anything. But when I put my mind to it, I accomplished everything I needed to, and did a few added bonuses like make a yummy brownie! My favourite thing to do is anticipate. I love this word and most of all I love the feeling it has to offer. Right now I'm anticipating a movie date with my hubby tomorrow afternoon to see Sherlock Homes.
What's happening with the kids? Caleb is adorable. He's talking so much more, telling me things, asking for things, and repeating bad things that come out of his mommy's mouth. Today he got in the rocking chair and said "Oh Crap!" Clear as a bell. Amberly has so many words too. I had to give her, her very first real time out today. She took ahold of Caleb's hair with both fists and pulled, and kept pulling until I could get her off of him. Caleb was crying and Amberly started to cry as I raised my voice. She was very upset. She gave Caleb the biggest longest hug to say sorry afterwards. It was cute, but at the same time, frustrating!
I've watched the first 2 episodes of the Bathelor and I literally feel stupider. See, my point exactly, that's not even a word. All the girls at work including my boss watch it, and the following day is usually a big discussion happens, so to feel apart of the crowd, I degraded myself. It's so retarded. This time around the guy is literally John Boy Walton. I'm serious. Save those brain cells ladies, and those 2 hours of your life and invest it somewhere else!
No comments:
Post a Comment