Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Full of Baby

This week looks like a busy one, with appointments all revolving around this baby. Yesterday, Dave and I took the day off to celebrate our 6th anniversary as well as see our baby at our ultrasound. It was a great day. I can't tell you how amazing it is to see this little one inside! Despite the discomfort of a full bladder and board of a table, it was exciting. With Caleb and Amberly we waited to find out their sex until they arrived. Since we have one of each, we thought this time we would find out what we're having. I wasn't sure I wanted to, only because I love anticipating things like that, but Dave was sure he wanted to, and as the time drew near, I just wanted to know. We still haven't decided if we'll tell people, I have to be selective of who I tell, because my Mom doesn't want to know. So for right now and for here, I'll keep it under wraps. I would like to say one thing though. Because we know, I do feel a bond growing stronger more and more. It's just all wonderful.
Today, I had my first appointment with my OB. When I first walked into his office, he smiled and said it was about time, and that this time around we're going to aim for the most routine labour and delivery possible! We relived my last 2 labours and then discussed my options for this labour. He's fully confident that I would have a successful VBAC, but he's willing to do what ever I ask. At this point I too am hoping for a VBAC. He just laid out the risk and then proceeded to tell me what to be aware of. There can't be any inducing with a VBAC so I need to be prepared to go over due, and if I'm overdue by 10 days, then c-section it will be. As well, if I do go into active labour and I don't progress in dilating in a good time, then c-section it will be. Otherwise, it could potentially be a successful labour!
Thursday I head to Orangeville for my final appointment with my family doctor. It was just a coincidence that all these appointments happened in one week, but I'm o.k. with seeing and hearing my baby's heart beat on 3 different occasions in one week!
Baseball season has begun, and all seems right in my world right now. It's been a great week overall. (Plus it's only Tuesday!)

1 comment:

Deb said...

YAY for a healthy baby! Can you email me what it is? :) I think I know though hehehe.

I am completely green with jealousy about your great appointment with your OB. My OB clinic is awful and I cannot wait to be out of there! Never have a felt more like a cow in the herd and a nusance/bother than I have this time.

Are you going to post some Ultrasound pics so we can ooh and ahh? :)