Monday, June 07, 2010

Growing Up Way Too Fast!

Tonight I had a Kindergarten Information night to attend. Being there, I was flooded with emotion. Thoughts crept in my mind, "what if Caleb gets bullied?", "what if he has an accident and get embarrassed?" or "what if he doesn't like his teacher?" And many, many more as they continued to discuss things. At the dinner table tonight I was just watching him and thinking to myself, he's entering a phase of life that is a long long time. School is a long time. I, myself, didn't always have the best experiences at school. Watching Caleb made me sad, knowing that my first born is now growing up so fast, I feel like I'm losing a bit of him, and at this moment I can understand why mom's want to keep their kids home with them and not send them to school. Ahhh, it's just overwhelming.

These past two weeks have been terrible. Going back to the long weekend, Amberly became really sick on the Sunday night, vomitting through the night and on Monday. I stayed home with her on Tuesday while Caleb went to Christa's and Dave to work. Everything was going well that day until that evening she vomitted again. Dave then stayed home Wednesday morning but I then had to take that afternoon off so Dave could get to work. She finally seemed all better by Friday. Dave had a project he had to do which required him to work Friday night and Saturday. Well, wouldn't you know it, I become totally sick Saturday. I was vomitting consistantly every hour or 2, not being able to keep a mouthful of water down. Thank the Lord my in-laws were home for the weekend as opposed to being at their trailer, so they came and took the kids for me. At one point I was about to call my mom and ask her to come by any means possible because I was scared about being alone. I was shakey and just not good at all. But yet again, just moments before I was going to make the call, Dave called and said he was on his way home. He then took care of me. But I was out of it. Sunday morning I woke up really sore, but it was over. That's not the end of the story. Dave woke up on Monday vomitting. It was now his turn. He was down and out for the whole day while I returned to work and the kids to Christa's. Monday night I again vomitted. Woke up Tuesday feeling crumby but forced myself to go to work, and Dave returned to work as well. Through out the morning I kept feeling dizzy, so my boss sent me home. Wednesday morning, get a call from Christa, one of her kids now had this flu. Obviously didn't send our kids, so Dave took the day off of work again, which seemed good at the time because he again was feeling sick himself. Thursday....all seemed to return to normal, my parents came down for the day, I had an ob appointment which went well. Had to park in the parking lot beside the doctors office. When the appointment was over, I had to run through the pooring rain to get to the car. Get in the car and take a big sigh, looked up only to see what??? A parking ticket!!! I'm telling you.....

It should be smooth sailing from here on out.....IT SHOULD BE!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

You've really had a rough-go with germs of late! Hope they are all out of your systems now and you can get a breather.
Is everyone feeling 100% again yet?

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Yes, we seem back to normal, so far we had a normal week! And my luck turn good, last night went to the movies, Tuesday nights in Waterloo you get free popcorn and pop and when I went to get my movie pass, turns out I had enough points for a free movie too! How great is that?!?!