Monday, June 28, 2010

Changing it Up

Had a bit of fun playing around with my blog settings, as you can see.

It's a Monday and once the kids are in bed, there isn't much for me to do. Tonight Caleb had soccer. As each week passes, he seems less interested in being there, and it can be a little embarrassing. Once the game starts going, he's in there running and chasing the ball, but the first half of warm up exercise and activity, he doesn't want to participate. What to do?

I had an ob appt. today. To my shock, I gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks. I was not impressed, actually a little freaked out! That has never happened to me before. The doctor told me not to worry about it, everything is normal, all blood work is coming back regular, my bp is normal. He chalked it up to either being water retention with this heat which he said in the summer months weight will go up and down or he said it could be a sign that I've got a big baby. But he also told me not to stress out about it. I don't know, I'm a woman, it's hard not to stress out about that! Everyone around me has commented about how big my belly has gotten just over this past week....I don't know! I need to take a picture of this belly of mine, I haven't yet taken one of this pregnancy!

Amberly has learned the art of tattling. It's quite funny. She'll come to me and say "Mommy, Caleb hurt me" or "Caleb pushed me" always something about Caleb. Yet, Caleb may have touched her, but she's mastered the art of dramatics! It becomes hilarious to me when she blames her Daddy for something. She came crying to me the other day telling me that Daddy pinched her. I asked Dave what happened and he said that he told her to watch that her fingers don't get pinched in the door. Funny how she can put on an oscar performance over nothing. She's also doing this at Christa's. She's too little to know when she's not telling the truth, so at least she's using her words instead of having a physical reaction, but we need to work on what is worth saying and what is worth just moving on with.

We're gearing up for Amberly's 2nd birthday this coming weekend. Should be fun. Then summer officially begins as we enter into a very busy July where we have no weekend that is free, we're going to be off in different directions until August rolls around. Crazy times! But fun times with great chances at making lasting memories.

No comments: