Yep, I love seeing the white stuff fall down and blanket the ground. It's a peaceful reminder that Christmas is coming. Caleb also reminds us that his birthday is coming. I guess it wasn't the greatest idea to tell him (back in July) that when the snow falls means his birthday is here. Now every time he sees it snow, he asks when can he have presents for his birthday?? ha ha ha. Soon it will be close enough to tell him how many sleeps it is!
To teach our kids the importance of giving, and helping those who are in great need, both Caleb and Amberly filled a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child. Not only is it a wonderful organization, but it allows us the chance to teach our kids how lucky they really are, and how it's important to share and give to those little ones who have nothing.
We decked our halls last weekend, and we're so pleased with the outcome.
Our weeks seem to be flying by with activities and the comings and goings of everyone. Caleb has school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and every other Friday. Amberly goes to Christa's on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Caleb has swimming on Wednesday afternoons. I have small group Wednesday nights. Amberly has swimming Saturday mornings. The kids go to Awana on Thursday nights. It's probably just a glimpse of what scheduling will look like in a couple more years - Crazy!
Caleb and Amberly love going to Awana. I'm amazed at how well Caleb does memorizing scriptures. This week's verse is "Jesus said, Friend, your sins are forgiven." Caleb has it almost except instead of saying forgiven he says, "your sins are coming" it sounds pretty threatening coming from a 3 (soon to be 4) year old!
Our xbox died conveniently a couple of weeks ago. Dave figured the cost to have it fixed would almost be the cost of a new one. So we broke down and got a new one. With the new Kinect of course. Caleb loves it. We all are enjoying, I think my favourite part is watching Caleb play. I loved it so much, I had to tape it and share with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment