Lots has been happening in our household and I feel like time is just slipping away. Almost every day there is something going on or has to get done and by the time I reach the evening hours I'm done! Here's a little update of how things are going.
Caleb is still loving school. Dave and I had a parent teacher interview last week and she is quite please with how well Caleb has adjusted, as if he's been doing it for a long time. I also went in for an observation this week and sat and watched their activity time. Caleb ignored me. I called him over and asked about the toy he was playing with and he approached me and then turned away! Oh dear, at least I know he's feeling comfortable there. When Joel was born Caleb developed a swollen gland on his left side. When we took Joel in for his 5 day check, the doctor examined Caleb and measured the size of the gland. She wanted to see him back again when we took Joel for his 1 month. We did that yesterday and because the gland hasn't gone back to normal we've been referred to a pediatrician and we have to have an ultrasound done on it. The doctor told me not to be too worried about it. I just worry, that's what I do best!
Amberly is my handful. The past two weeks I've been struggling with finding ways to discipline her effectively. So far everything I've tried doesn't work. I'm about ready to just tie her up to something and leave her there. I know that she's acting out because of Joel. But at the same time I think it's also a girl thing. She's not using the potty just BECAUSE!!! She will poop on it, or she'll just poop in her diaper just to get a reaction. This I've learned from and now I don't react!
Joel is doing lovely. I've successfully got him on a schedule with out any problems. He is a gassy guy, so he's fussy a lot of the time. But our nights are getting better he's sleeping solidly from his last feed at 10pm to 2am. At his 1 month check up he now weighs 11lbs 11oz and is 23.6 inches long. He's smiling at us and when awake he's so alert.
Dave and I are doing well, settling into a routine of parenting 3 kids. We seemed to have turned a corner where we can actually get some time for ourselves in the evenings again when the kids are in bed. We're busy with church things through the week, but have no other commitments outside of that so we do have more free time together. He went to Promise Keepers yesterday and stayed the night and will be home today sometime. I was nervous to be home alone at night with all 3 kids. But I did o.k. I may go to bed at 7pm tonight, but I did o.k.
I better run and check on the kids now.
No comments:
Post a Comment