
This past Sunday was a blast. Benji, Caleb and I left home early and ventured into the metropolis of Toronto. We went as far as Yorkdale and took the subway to Union station. Caleb loved that he got to ride the rocket! Once we made it to the Rogers Centre, we had to wait in line to get to the field where all the trucks were. While waiting I asked Caleb which truck he wanted to see first, Gravedigger? This was my natural assumption because his main truck that gets most play is Gravedigger. When asked, he got a panicked look on his face and said "No Mom" right away. This was odd, but then he insisted on seeing Ironman first. So we saw Ironman, Gravedigger Legend (different truck) and Maximum Destruction. Again I asked about Gravedigger and he was again quick to say no. So we wandered around all the other trucks and then Caleb was ready to leave to his seat. I thought no way were we leaving without visiting Gravedigger and so reluctantly he made it over to the truck and that's when he got all googley-eyed! I think he just couldn't fathom that he was seeing the real Gravedigger in person.

We had great seats, we were right on the side where the trucks come and go from the stadium. Caleb was able to stand at the side and watch them up close, again he looked down in amazement really.


It was an exciting start to the show and Caleb was waving his arms and screaming like the rest of the crowds. It was so much fun to watch him (and the trucks!) He was a little nervous about Robosaurus, and I'm not surprised, we happened to be so close to it that we felt the heat and wind from his flames. And by the end of it (which was the most exciting part where the best trucks would come out and destroy themselves), Caleb was tired and just wanted to go home. But I must say, Monster Jam was such a great show full of entertainment, and I will definately take the kids again, I even believe that Amberly would love it. Now it's just trying to convince Dave of the same thing!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment