That's right, a new year is here. It's the time of year where plans are made, ideas are set in motion, resolutions are made. Do you have any? I don't normally think of it. In fact I don't like New Years. I don't like staying up late, I love my sleep. I don't understand why it's any different then yesterday? But people love to celebrate. Dave says it's a good excuse to get together. I was exhausted from all the Christmas celebrations, I didn't need another one!
Today I started to think about what I want to see accomplished this year. The first thing I thought about was building a stronger-better relationship with God. Quite often I find myself thinking that something is missing, I need something to make me happy, and ultimately that something is truly and undoubtedly the Lord. The next thing I thought about is myself, physically. I have been feeling so old lately. So unfit. I need to get energized and start feeling better by not longing for more sleep, but by actually getting active again. I'm not sure how this will happen or when, but surely, in small windows of opportunity, I will get going on that. Another thing is I want to read more. I'm motivated most often by the television to find my escape, but I want to start finding that in books again.
Will I accomplish this? I don't know. I'm still a procrastinator at heart, I still have 3 children to look after. I still have a husband who I need to continually build a deeper relationship with. I still have so many things that are piled on top of ME every day that it's hard to find the time to actually work on a better me. But by starting with God, I think everything else will fall into place the way they should.
Happy New Year to all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment