Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Think We Did It!

It's been two weeks now. I decided that Amberly was just being lazy and stubborn when it came to potty training. So instead of giving her what she wanted (each morning she asked if she could wear a diaper)I put her straight into underwear. At first it was a disaster. She would constantly pee or poop and have no worries or regrets or even 2nd thoughts. I was drowning in frustration and anger. I only allowed her 2 outfits a day, so she spent half her days naked. Which she at first thought was great, but then it started to get to her that Caleb could go outside anytime, but she couldn't. The start of this week I took away an outfit only allowing one outfit a day and finally on Tuesday she was perfect all day until late afternoon in the backyard she peed. I brought her in and took her clothes off and she was so upset and cried for a while because she couldn't stay outside.
We haven't had a naked girl since then......
Granted, we had one little poop accident yesterday, but it was a easy clean and I'm o.k. with that because I know it can be harder to master that on the potty.
I'm so proud of her and I'm just over the moon! We attempted to jump the potty hurtle and this time we cleared it and we're not looking back!

1 comment:

mommy's thoughts! said...

That is such a cleaver idea!!! So smart.