Thursday, May 12, 2011

Transforming

I think it's safe to say now that spring has officially arrived. The buds on the trees are starting to push out and the world is looking more green every day. I love it. It's been wonderful having the sun come and stay for a bit too.

Three weeks ago I joined a team of 5 ladies and entered into our local gym's Biggest Winner contest. It runs for 6 weeks and the goal is the team with the greatest percentile lost wins. The prize is $1500. When I stepped on the scale three weeks ago I was ashamed of myself. I went home and had a little bit of a cry. It turned out I didn't lose much of my Joel weight. So the challenge was on. It's been a rough road. I've been doing something almost every day in the form of exercise. 30 minutes and up. Anything from biking to walking and the lovely boot camps which are provided by the gym. I go to 2 boot camps a week and get my butt kicked. Between the squats and lunges, my legs are going to be whipped into shape! They are what usually hurt a day or two after! Then there comes the food. It's been really hard to change my eating habits but I have. I don't love salads, but I'm making every effort to enjoy them. Who knew my new favourite food is chili! But after 3 weeks I've lost 16 pounds! I'm so happy about that. My goal is to try and lose 25 lbs in total. So I have 9 pounds to go in the next 3 weeks. I know it's going to be extra rough, and that I'll have to work harder at getting more exercise in, but I hope I can do it. Why 25? Well this contest has run a few times already and the most lost in the 6 weeks was 24 pounds, so I want to try and beat that. I'm not going to stop at 25 either, I've got a ways to go to get to where I want to be. But I'm thankful for this contest for kick starting me! And hopefully we'll win the prize. $300 would be awesome to get new clothes with!

1 comment:

Jay Hendershot said...

Way to go Charlene!! I know you can do it. It's tough to change habits, etc, but it's so worth it! It's been almost four years since my weight loss and the start of my exercise journey, and I feel better than ever. I look forward to hearing about your success.