Wednesday, July 13, 2011

U2 - Beautiful Day on July 11, 2011



After ordering my tickets in November 2009, the day finally arrived for my brother and I to go and see U2 perform at the skydome or The Rogers Centre it's now called. It was a hot but beautiful day. While approaching the dome it was observed that it was closed, but once we were seated they started to open it up which was great. The band Interpol opened for them. Never heard of them before, didn't like them much either. The guy didn't even talk between songs or introduce themselves or anything. It was about 9:05 when U2 started the show with Even Better Than the Real Thing. And it was! It was so great. I found the entire playlist which I've attached here so I can remember in the future :) It was a great show, will always remember it. I didn't hear what the final attendance was, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 60 0000. The Dome was packed all around with people on the ground too. Bono made some political issues made known as usual and I respect him for this. I'm quickly reminded of how rich we are, maybe not rich by north american standards, but the fact that I have water coming out of a tap in my kitchen that has power and a roof that covers is a blessing that more than half the world does not have - MORE THAN HALF. "What you don't have, you don't need it now". With this in the back of my mind, this morning on the news they said that 10 million east Africans are on the brink of stravation, there is a refugee camp in Kenya that is over populated and they are running out of supplies and the women and children are suffering the most. Would you be willing to donate? http://www.worldvision.ca/give-a-gift/Pages/DroughtintheHornofAfrica.aspx


1.Even Better Than The Real Thing
2.The Fly
3.Mysterious Ways
(with "Someone Somewhere In Summertime" snippet)
4.Until The End Of The World
(with "Anthem" snippet)
5.I Will Follow
6.Get On Your Boots
7.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8.Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
9.Beautiful Day
(with "Space Oddity" snippet)
10.Elevation
11.Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12.Miss Sarajevo
13.Zooropa
14.City Of Blinding Lights
15.Vertigo
16.I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
(with "Miss You", "Psycho … moreKiller" and "Discotheque" snippets)
17.Sunday Bloody Sunday
18.Scarlet
19.Walk On
Encore:
20.One
21.Where The Streets Have No Name
(with "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" snippet)
Encore 2:
22.Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
23.With Or Without You
24.Moment of Surrender

No comments: