Back in June when everyone was wondering where summer was, we kept repeating "hope summer will come and be a good one". I think it's safe to say it's here. Although I wouldn't mind a degree or two less in the highs. Our grass is brown. We could use some rain.
Today is my birthday. I had a wonderful special day. My children spent the day at Christa's. Dave and I spent the morning together, running some errands, picking up things for our camping trip. My brother-in-law & sister-in-law gave me a gift card for Chapters, so we went there also and I used that. Then Dave took me to Red Lobster. Yumm, it was so good, and I was so full afterwards! I had to drop him off at work after lunch, I then made my way home in the afternoon and vacuumed the house and mopped the main floor (apparently I don't do this often enough, whenever I vacuum with Joel around, he screams the entire time, so I did it while he was gone). After that I went in to work for a visit and to talk to my boss about my upcoming return. It was nice to see my friends. For my birthday, my hubby spoiled me by replacing my point&shoot camera that died. Without it I only had the ipod to capture video and I didn't like that. So I got a cute coolpix camera. My in-laws gave me a gift card for itunes, woohoo! I feel pretty special tonight.
We're heading up to Agawa Bay on Thursday. Tonight I packed for Amberly, I'll try to get the boys stuff all packed tomorrow so that I can worry about myself and the food situation on Wednesday. Amberly is heading up with my in-laws on Wednesday and we leave Thursday morning, stopping in Orangeville on the way for Caleb's specialist appt. This year we're doing the drive in 2 days. We'll go as far as Sudbury Thursday and stay in a nice hotel (it's got a pool, Caleb will be thrilled!) Then make the rest of the trip on Friday. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping to find some opportunities to relax. Having Dave's parents there will help a bit, we may have the chance to leave the kiddies with Grandma and Grandpa for a few hours so Dave and I can do some hiking.
I better head off to bed. Tomorrow is a busy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment