Last night, the kids were all asleep, Dave was out playing baseball, I was alone with the t.v. dull in the background. I dug out photo albums from years ago. As I was peeking into my past, memories flooded back, while certain moments I couldn't remember. Looking at my first trip to Australia, there were certain sweaters I remember and then there were shirts I don't ever recall owning, and yet the evidence was clear in the picture. I browsed through pictures with Lesya, and the many wacky adventures we were on. I brought out the album of when Dave and I started our life together. These weren't so terribly long ago, but long enough. It's funny how a picture comes with a long, amusing story, while others only capture an emotion in a face in that second the shutter closed.
While going through these pictures, I had happy feelings about all of them because my past is a happy one. But I also quickly realized how fast our time slips by. You turn around and you've entered a completely different moment, not realizing you've let go of the last one. I heard this song on the way home from our trip to Superior and it came to mind last night again. Here are the lyrics:
Why don't we dance anymore?
I'm not o.k. with that
Why don't we laugh anymore?
I'm not o.k. with that
The years go by like stones under rushing water
We only know, we only know when it's gone
Why don't we smile anymore?
I'm not o.k. with that
Why don't we dance slowly?
I'm not o.k. with that
'Cause the years go by like stones under rushing water
We only know, we only know when it's gone
The Years go by like the water in our lovers eyes.
(Needtobreathe - Stones Under Rushing Water)
Have a listen, loving this song....
Take the moments in. They are gifts given to us, why pass them by? Enjoy, delight, savour, absorb each moment if you can, the grand scheme of things, are life is a sliver of existence.
No comments:
Post a Comment