Monday, October 17, 2011

All Things Fall and Fun!

We are well in the midst of October. It's a lovely month really, being with family, eating lots of yummy food, beautiful leaves and colour and the excitment of what is coming next, looming around the corner! That's right, we're talking Christmas people! The Wishbook has been opened and lists are being created. Names have been drawn and the anticipation for the first snow fall is creeping up on me!

Of course, we have to get Halloween out of the way. We have been blessed with wonderful family and friends and neighbours who have passed down lots of clothing for our kids and with that came some costumes also! Our neighbour gave us 2 witch dresses and a Mr. Incredible outfit and a transformer costume. Caleb has been struggling because he says he wants to be the transformer, and if that is what he wants to be then let him be. But his mama wants him to be Mr. Incredible. The transformer has a mask and I don't like that so much and Caleb doesn't even know what one is! Today I painted on a black mask around his eyes and put him into Mr. Incredible and he looked awesome. So I hope I can encourage him to be that. One of the witch dresses is poofy with lots of orange on it. So I'm going to make my lovey into a Pumpkin Princess. I'm going to paint her face lightly with orange and sparkles, add a couple of black diamonds to her eyes and curly hair with a crown of leaves and I think she'll look wonderful. (She doesn't need to know what a witch is let alone be one!) And my baby will dawn the classic skunk costume to complete the threesome!

Our Thanksgiving was loads of fun. First of all, let us not forget how amazing the weather was. Shorts and t-shirts for all! To kick things off, my mom's side of the family had a reunion with cousins held at their place. There must have been around 60 of us there, it was so wonderful to see second cousins who I used to play with as a kid, and see how they have started a family of their own.
On Sunday we had a quiet day at home with the kids. Went to church and then walking through a bush nearby.
On Monday we headed to my brother's place for our Thanksgiving meal.
We also went for a hike there into the back fields.
By the end of our hike, the kids were all hot and sweaty (well not just the kids!) so they got into swimmers and ran through a sprinkler! It was summer all over again.

Lots of good times had by all!

1 comment:

amym said...

just a few days away...did you manage to convince him?