Joel is one. I wanted his first year to go by slow. Slow enough for me to treasure each phase, memorize the changes in his appearance, record his "first time" events, and yet, I can not believe that in all my efforts, time did not slow down, it only seemed to speed up.
The past two weeks seemed crazy. Returning to work and trying to jugle work and home is tough. Finding little pockets of time to squeeze in things that are important. It's hard. And preparing a special party for a most beloved little boy, was not only fun, it had it's time of frustration. It was all last minute. Last minute shopping. Last minute wrapping. Last minute cleaning. Last minute cutting and chopping and preparing food. It was all so last minute, I didn't even get my boy a card. Despite that, everything came together wonderfully on Saturday, the day we celebrated. My camera wasn't working however, and I didn't get the greatest pictures I had hoped for, which again leaves me feeling disappointed and like I've failed at something yet again. But what I did capture I'll treasure.
He was showered with love. The cake time was so cute. As we sang he clapped for joy. It took him a while to figure out what he was supposed to do with the cake. But once his mommy put icing into his mouth he quickly discovered the yummy taste of cake. And of course, it wouldn't be a first birthday without the messiest cake face picture ever!
1 comment:
what a cutie! Happy 1st birthday Joel!
I am sure you did a great job for the party! He looks like he had a great time full of love
Post a Comment