Friday, March 09, 2012

Been in the Valley

Well, it's been a long while since I've posted. Life has been a little unfair these past few weeks. (can I even say that really?) The past week has been so consuming that I don't even really remember what happened prior to that. It all started with Joel waking up one morning with a rash all over his torso. He had a fever also, and when I called telehealth, they told me to go to emerg. So I took him and the doctor there didn't really look at him, just touched his rash and listened to his heart and then found a book, flipped through the pictures and decided that Joel had Fifths disease. So I went home and looked that up, and from what I read, I was not convinced this is what he had. So the next morning I called our doctor's office and spoke to the n.p. and she said that she would just have to go on what the doctor said and she told me more about the disease and what to look for. By day 4, Joel still was running a fairly high temperature, so on day 5, I called the doctor again and took him in. (It was on this day also where Amberly woke with a fever and sore tummy) As soon as the doctor saw Joel, she said it was not fifths disease but scarlet fever. Along with that, he had 2 ear infections and a throat infection. She prescribed amoxicillan. I left there feeling much better, finally having answers and knowing he'll be better. Well the next day we noticed that Joel seemed to be having a reaction to the meds. He would get blotchy and sunburned looking shortly after a dose. But I left that for a day. On this day also, Amberly seemed to be suffering still with a fever, and in the tub that night she said her ear hurt. Early the next morning I called the doctor's office again and told them what Joel was looking like and they said unfortunately I was going to have to come back. So I also made an appt. for Amberly at the same time. We got new medication for Joel and turns out Amberly was suffering with a pretty bad ear infection herself. So we got meds for her too. Again after leaving I felt better, knowing that a corner was soon to be turned. The next day things were looking up, but by afternoon I was sick. I developed a fever and a tight chest cough. That night I was so sick. The next morning Caleb woke up and was fevered. I cried. Dave stayed home to look after us that day. Tuesday Caleb stayed home from school and I from work, finally by Wednesday, we all turned a corner and were feeling better. We're still working on feeling 100%, but I think we're almost there, and I'm done complaining about it. Joel still has his rash from the fever, may have that for awhile, Amberly, Caleb and I still don't have our appetites back, but like I said. We are done complaining.
I will blame this crazy weather though.
I have also been going through a lot of things emotionally in relationships with friends. I wish I could eloborate on this, but the situation has left me with some kind of fear. My heart is broken for people and I feel alone when it comes to standing up for what I believe in. I feel God's leading, and His tugging on my heart, but then wonder why am I the only one to feel this way? I wonder if I've missed something, or completely misunderstand something? But I know this, grace has not been shown, it may be preached, but words mean nothing. Grace is something to be given with no limits, if Christ put a limit on grace, then he would have stepped down from the cross when he felt enough was enough. He didn't. Christ is all about grace, and forgiveness, 7 times 70. Shame on those who are replacing grace with self preservation. Christians should not expect higher standards from one another and when one doesn't reach our expectations, cut them down. Even though we have a relationship with Christ, doesn't make us perfect. If one can't find acceptance from a church for whoever they are or whatever they have done, then where do you expect them to find acceptance? Satan will make sure they find their acceptance, I'm certain of that.
Wow, just getting that out here makes me emotional.

No comments: