Tuesday, September 04, 2012

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Unfortunate Events, I guess that is how I'll describe what I am going through these days. There hasn't been the perfect day. You know where nothing goes wrong, everything is peachy. Haven't seen one of those days in months. I don't have any explanation as to why I'm living through a valley a lot lately, not sure where this journey is going to lead me, but one thing I do know, God is in control of it.

Currently the situation is our van is almost dead. It's only 4 years old, only 60,000kms on it and the transmission is broken. We've left it in the hands of our trusty mechanic, and praying that most of it will be covered under warranty. Stupid thing! I mean, we move to a place that requires commuting, and with in the first month, I blow a tire on the side of a country road, and now this. We now have to rely on the little civic for the rest of the week, my 12 year old thing that has proven to be one of the best things I've ever invested in.

With today being the first day of school and having to deal with the vehicle situation, Dave and I did our best to make things happen in orderly fashion. And as much as I believe we did that, I'm on the verge of tears, with the "woe is me" attitude. Plus my motherly hormones are getting the best of me, and I want so much as to go into Caleb's class and make friends for him. But that isn't going to get him anywhere. I know that these things take time, and I know that boys are different than girls, but it just breaks my heart to hear that my little guy didn't make any friends today.

And to add one final blow, after being off work since last Thursday, I arrived later, to find a mountain of emails and phone calls to return, a stack of mail to go through, and I didn't even make a dent in it today. I want to just leave that all behind me, but I just know that I'm going to go to bed tonight and lay there thinking about what I need to be doing.

Tomorrow is my day off. I will have no vehicle, I can walk Caleb to school and make the most of my day with Amberly and Joel. Perhaps tomorrow things will look like rainbows and butterflies?

1 comment:

Deb said...

Sooo... can I see your silver lining for you? I don't have any thoughts on the dead-van issue, sorry.

But a pile of work at work means they missed you and need you!

And a day with no vehicle will encourage you to have a more relaxing day with Amberly & Joel. Walking Caleb to school sounds like a great family-way to start it. A nice walk always makes me feel better, and with no pressure about running errands, maybe you'll be able to hang out and play on the equipment before having a leisurely stroll back to your new home :)

Truly though, I hope things get improve and especially that you start feeling better. You've had a lot of changes in the past few months and that ups the stress factor.
*hugs*
~Deb