Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Monday Motivation

When I used to work outside of the home I always disliked Mondays. It was always the beginning of what seemed like a long week. A day where routine took over, and early morning wake ups and rushing around would begin, and it never seemed to start off right. Now that I am home, I enjoy Mondays. Right now the way things work is it's my quiet day. I still have to get up earlier than I would on weekends, but for different reasons. Both Caleb and Amberly are in school on Mondays, so I just have Joel at home, which after a few days around his siblings, he too enjoys having me all to himself on Mondays. Many things get accomplished on Mondays. Yesterday I tackled the floors, I vacuumed and swept and mopped, and was happy to do it. (can you believe that?) I baked 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies. I sat with Joel and worked on the letter 'o' with him and read stories and even watched Baby Einstein together. I invested a little time in myself, I rode the bike for 1/2 an hour and then did 15 minutes of different exercises (my pants are too tight now it's horrible, need to work on this a lot!) I went outside and scraped away the ice that has accumulated on our driveway in preparation of this "monster storm" that is supposed to hit on Tuesday. I prepared supper and had it ready to throw in the oven after I picked up the kids from school allowing me to have time to spend on them instead of pushing them aside in order to get things done. Overall I had a really successful day! I went to bed with a good feeling.

Tuesday is usually where my motivation stops. I for some reason tell myself since I worked so hard on Monday, I can take a break today, which then turns into the whole week of things not being done! But I woke up today thinking that I wasn't going to do that. So I didn't. I got Caleb off to school, cleaned out the puddles in the garage and took my kids to the local church for the first time to join in a women's Bible study. I haven't been apart of one for such a long time, and sitting and listening felt so good. Definitely will continue this as I truly need it. Once we returned home, I made a quick lunch and got Joel to bed. Amberly wanted to watch a movie, which I encourage because it allows her quiet time and me quiet time! I again rode the bike today, it feels so good afterwards. I also went back outside to conquer more ice on the driveway. Now with supper in the oven, jello in the fridge, we are just waiting for Dave to come home. Tonight is skating night, so I take the kids while Dave stays home with Joel. It gives him some one on one time with his baby, which is really good for the two of them!

And then we await the storm!

Will this motivation end by tomorrow? Motivation might turn into obligation, but I will still get things done, it's just whether I have the right attitude or not!

1 comment:

amym said...

good to hear you joined a women's group...I love the one I attend...it helps my week so much!

I have a checklist to help me keep my motivation...it is such fun checking off things once they are done...though I allow myself to loose the momentum too easily...