Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Words for a New Year

2014 I spent a lot of time in a morning group studying the Word with different ladies from around North America.  I remember that when 2014 rolled up, one lady asked us to think of just one word we wanted to describe our year to be, what we wanted to work on, strive for, become.  The word I came up with was "intentional" .  I wanted to make my days full of intention.  Even in the mundane things, be intentional.  Finding purpose in what I did.  I wanted to be intentional with my kids, put in my time, invest in them personally and emotionally.  As the year has since past, I look back and think that I did an ok job about being intentional.  So with 2015 here, I've been thinking lately what is my word this year?  Can I come up with one that I can conquer?  Oh yes, living intentionally will definitely continue, I need to be purposed and continue working on making each day count and matter.  But what other word can I work on this year?  I've come up with the word "peace".  As a mom, with 3 busy kids, peace is hard to come by.  Plus adding anywhere from 2-6 extra kids before and after school, peace hides in the closet.  But it's not just in the craziness of our house full of kids that I hope to find peace, I hope to find it in everything else, in my decisions.  We make thousands of decisions a day, from what colour of socks to put on to what to have for lunch, to where to go for vacation.  So many things to decide about, and often we make the decision without thinking twice, but then often times we struggle finding the right decision.  I would love to just have peace through all of those decisions.  So this year I hope to "intentionally" seek "peace" and pursue it (Psalm 34:14).

2 comments:

She Carries It said...

Peace is such a good goal to strive for! I am focusing on grace - giving it, receiving it, and accepting it! I miss HM!

Funny Girl Charleney said...

That's a great one too Amy! Definitely something I need to work on too! Peace and Grace and go hand in hand! I should get back into HM but I'm in the midst of a lengthy study and I struggle to that homework done!