Well I spent the weekend at my parents. It was good being surrounded by people the whole time. But then when I got home last night, I suffered withdrawl and cried a lot for Dave. I know it's crazy, but it's terrible when you long for someone. So I planned my week to keep me busy and preoccupied so I wouldn't have another night like last night. Tonight Lesa came over when I got home from work and we watched Alias. Actually we're still watching it, she had to run out for half an hour to get a massage, but she'll be back to watch the rest.
While at the farm on Saturday, we were lucky to see a calf being born. With the assistance of my Dad and two brothers that is. They had to pull it out, and man it sure looked like work! We also celebrated my parents anniversary on Sunday by going to Dragon's Paradise in O'ville. Sunday afternoon I went with my dad and brother over to what we call "the other farm" It's a farm that was on the same property that Dr. Lindsay owns, but sold to one of his daughters. I liked going there as a kid because it was like seeing history right in front of you. There was a beautiful stone house and old barn and shed there. Now they are extending the house and making it more modern (with a indoor bathroom instead of the outhouse they've used since I was born!) and we got to tour it. They have done such an amazing job of restoring the old part, it's so beautiful. It was a visit back to childhood for me.
Dave is having a wonderful time in Vienna and is good at rubbing it in. I'm so grateful that he is having a chance to relax and see that part of the world, we were worried that he was going to have to work extra long days to get this project done, but he's been really lucky. I'm just hoping this week goes fast for me so I get him back sooner than later!
Well, tomorrow I'm headed to Mike and Joy's for dinner, then out to an Adventure Club helper appreciation party. So that will be good. My parents are coming for the evening on Wednesday, and then Thursday is baseball. Friday my Dave comes home to me! yeah!!
I hope everyone is enjoying this amazing weather!
1 comment:
has nothing happened in your life in the last two weeks???
Post a Comment