I am sick, not because I'm pregnant, because I've caught a bug or the flu. This has been the most unpleasant day ever. Last night I was sick through the whole night, I lost my whole turkey dinner. Then when I got up this morning I went to work. I was there for 2 hours. I had to run to the bathroom and I didn't quite make it to the toilet before I spewed everywhere. Then in a frantic tizzy I quickly cleaned up after myself praying real hard that no one walks in. I even got it in my hair. So I then was there for a good 15 mins. cleaning, then I ran home. Only to make it in time to throw up the rest of my breakfast. I was crying like crazy. It's truly aweful being sick and alone. I called Dave and he offered to come home, but I couldn't let him do that. Then I called my mom and she wasn't home, so I started to cry even more, I felt bad because I left a sobbing message on their machine.
I pulled myself together and called the Dr's office. He later called me back and told me there isn't anything I can really do, just to ride it out. He said there is a bug going around and he's not concerned that it's anything but that--a bug. He again said that my blood sugar test was very normal and that I have no risk of the Gestational Diabetes which can cause vomitting. So I have been in bed all day. Dave did come home a bit early with gingerale, and so far I haven't thrown up since 11:30 this morning. I still feel like crap, and I've only eaten a bowl of hot cereal and 5 crackers all day. But they've stayed down.
Anyway I just pray that I feel better soon, because I don't have any more sick days from work, and I have to go away this weekend with the ladies from church.
2 comments:
oh yuck!!! That SUCKS char! You could have called me, I would have happily talked to you!
I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad the hot cereal and crackers stayed down. Hopefully you will feel MUCH better tomorrow. Keep us posted!
Oh Charlene... I hope you are feeling better today. I am sure nothing at all is wrong with the baby. Just a nasty bug. Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment