Monday, November 20, 2006

Ok I'm Ready

Dave and I just finished our prenatel class with a Doula. It was very informative and I enjoyed listening to her. Last night she left Dave and I with a video of 3 births. I must say I didn't enjoy that so much. Ignorance is bliss. I was almost ill watching these births and I don't know how I'm possibly going to get through it. At the same time I remind myself that it's done all the time. And women do it over and over again. These were Dave's words to me tonight "You are going to breakdown and take any and all pain medications at the drop of a hat when you first feel a contraction!" I said "No I'm not!!" and he just gave me that smile of his and said "I know you Charlene, you're a wimp!" hahaha, I just love the faith he has in me :)

I was proud of Dave too. Over these past 2 nights he was very involved, asked questions and that made me feel even more confident in having him by my side. See we have had this discussion. In the beginning I wanted to have my Mom there with me, she is my best comforter. But as of late with time drawing closer, Dave has expressed to me that he wants it just the 2 of us. I was upset with this idea, but he proceeded to tell me why he felt this way and so on. (And you know men, they never tell you their feelings, so I had to listen) So after watching him interact and ask this Doula questions, I feel much better with the idea of not having my mom there but Dave.

Deb, I typed a nice long comment about your Friends post and I must have typed the silly word code thing in wrong because my comment didn't appear. But what I wanted to say was, I know how you feel. I've been lucky in finding good friends through church and work, but they aren't the same as what I have in the O'ville crowd. I'm a physical kind of person, so I love the hugs and stuff like that, you know the cuddling under blankets, sharing the same foot rests, I can't do that with these girls. But I'm so thankful for email! I still feel apart of your life when we can write short little emails telling eachother what we did in the day!

Tomorrow is another doctor's appointment. We'll see if there is anything new to report!

I have 2 weeks of work left! Amazing!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Char, I was laying in bed this morning, groaning over the fact that I still have 6 weeks to go (I had a crappy CRAPPY night of sleep) and then it came to me -- CHAR ONLY HAS 2 WEEKS!!! WOW!! Very exciting :)

Anonymous said...

I flipped my calendar to December last night and thought...wow Charlene has only a couple of weeks left!

so we are on the same wave length...must have been that Orangeville water :)

Charlene, is this Friday your 1/2 day or full day?

Anonymous said...

is the doula going to be in the birthing room with you?
and i just assumed that you were planning drugs as soon as you started labour (sorry I know you have a extremely low pain tolerance)...maybe we should have been doing some Chinese torture on you these past 9 months to build up your pain tolerance...unfortunately I don't think there is enough time left for that now...hind sight...sigh.....maybe for the next one!

Shaun said...

Oh just bite down and bear it Char!!! Don't be a wimp!!!!!.... when the doctor goes to stick the needle in you to pump you full of happy sauce... just think of happy thoughts! hehehehehe