Yes I'm here all alone. Dave had to go to Milwalkie for a couple of days, he gets home late Wednesday night. Thankfully I have a full agenda outside of work that keeps me busy. Tonight was a ladies night at the church. It kind of reminded me of the girls cooking nights that Amy would host where we all helped to prepare the meal then eat. That's pretty much what happened at church. There was 4 stations you could choose to help with. I wanted to work on the main coarse which was pork tenderloin maranated, but I arrived a bit too late and there was too many hands helping in that area, so I went to the salad station that needed help. We made that yummy oriental salad with the chinese noodles and really yummy dressing.
I got to know a couple of the ladies better. One sweet old lady, Doris, who I've gotten to know from our shopping trip has the most amazing memory, she knew that I was due in a month, without having to ask me again, and she teased me about taking me for long walks come early December and then show me how to breathe properly! She's funny too, and had me laughing. She had 8 children and I asked her if that was a number she just thought at the time was how many she wanted. She immediately responded, "I had no time to think about something like that, back then I was just doing what women were supposed to do, reproduce, and by the eighth one I finally got it!"
My friend Lesa has always told me how very badly she wants to witness a childbirth in person. She's had 2 of her own, but one of her life goals is to see someone else through that situation. Well as soon as she found out Dave was leaving me this week, she joked with him saying that her and I were going to go out for a vigerous jog, followed by a round caster oil drinks, hoping that would put me in labour so that she could step in for him while he's gone!
Reality is starting to sink in, as last week my Doctor gave me my medical records, that I now have to carry with me everywhere in case the time comes. He said it's at this stage where I could go anytime, although he's still tells me that my chances of going over due are pretty high. But I think we're ready. Well I still need to pack "the bag" but other than that, I think our house is ready for this little one.
Sleep is very difficult, bathroom breaks are hourly and feeling hungry yet eating two bites makes you feel that "uncomfortable full" is very tiring. I'm an emotional wreck. I cry over silly things. As most of you know, I am a girl who needs her sleep, and this lack of it is making become a different person. My humour, which I find usually at the expense of others is getting worse. At work I make humour mean! It's bad, I mean it's funny, but bad! hahahaha. Oh dear!
No more complaining! Tomorrow night is Adventure Club, then Wednesday night is Bible study. It's good to be busy and not home alone. Plus I'm kind of looking forward to sprawling out on the whole bed without feeling guilty of moving a lot! Dave probably will have the greatest nights sleep on this trip!
2 comments:
cheer up charlene! Jenny delivered two weeks early! so there is hope! and witnessing child birth I found to be very cool! I got to see Carter being born! and so if you are selling tickets...count me in :)
how about posting some belly pictures for us! and once that babycomes...you'll be able to sleep again (cause your mom will be there to ensure you get all the naps you need!)
Charlene, I hope you are managing to cope without Dave being there... it must be hard at this stage to not have him there. Less than a month to go! Wow!
Are you available Sunday, November 19? I could come up for a short while (maybe bearing gifts?) - providing you don't have the baby early. Other than that, I might not see you till after the baby comes! How exciting!
Post a Comment