Well Wednesday marked Caleb's age at 6 months. 6 months already, I just can't believe it! I find that time certainly goes quickly as you get older. In 6 months our lives have changed amazingly. I get so excited to see changes in Caleb. He's sitting up on his own, he's chattering away to us, and putting everything in his mouth. He lights up when he see the cats, and totally loves Suzie (my parents dog). He reaches for her and lets her lick every inch of his body without flinching. He laughs at the little children playing at church and giggles when he sees them on t.v. Every day after his 5pm supper, we sit on the front porch to wait for Daddy to come home. He loves watching all the cars go by on the street. He now has some admirers that wave each day as they go by (I have no clue who they are, but...) He has his two bottom teeth, and with a couple of sleepless nights this week, along with rashes and a runny nose, I anticipate another one soon. He is in a world of discovery, first finding his ears to yank on, and now the new fascination of his feet. He gets so excited at nothing really, but he wiggles his whole body in delight. I think he's starting to groove to the music at church too, because it's getting harder and harder to hold him and stand, he just wiggles way too much!
Thursday we had his 6 month doctor's visit. He was flirting with the nurse and doctor, reaching out to their faces and singing away to them. That was until the needles came out. He weighs 21 pounds and is 28 inches long now. He's still way on the top of the charts, but the doctor said he's just perfect (a mom loves to hear that!) After the visit, we spent the afternoon at my parents. Caleb had a great nap on Grandpa's tummy. They bought him a little pool to play in, I haven't gotten it up yet, but soon! Tomorrow we're heading to Deb's for the day. I'm excited to see them, it's amazing how much kids change, I look forward to see the changes in Patrick and Kathryn. Maybe we'll even try out the pool, we'll see. Caleb didn't like the cold water at my parents place....
Our holiday is quickly approaching. We leave a week from Sunday for Killbear with Steve, Christa and Cara. I can't wait for that, but I'm not looking forward to all the prep work that we have to do in order to get there. Once we're there and settled, that's when I'll enjoy it most!
Here are a few new shots of Caleb. I just can't help myself and taking pictures, I have way too many, but he's just so adorable, I want to cherish every moment of him!







3 comments:
What a super-cute boy!
I think it should be against the law NOT to photograph that face, that smile! even his pout is adorable!!
thanks for sharing!!
don't you just love the 2nd one down??
Post a Comment